Khatta Meeta

A/N: Meet the cast. Maya and Aditya🔝

.....

Malhothra mansion.

Manik was angry. Nandini didn't bother to finish the job he assigned her nor did she ask for permission to leave. 'God this girl surely does test my patience'.

He had a quick dinner and was rolling about on his bed trying to sleep but something didn't feel quite right. 5 mins later he heard someone knock on his door. Who could it be at this time of the night?'

He opened the door to see the worried face of Maya.

"Manik, Nandini hasn't reached home yet. Her chachi just called me. Do you have any idea where she is?"

Manik felt blood drain from his face. Dread filled him, his mind conjuring up worst scenarios. Without another word he took his car keys and rushed out of the house. He drove like a mad man. He lost her once. He was not going to let it happen again.

The car stopped in front of his company. The watchmen were startled to hear him barking at them. He rushed to her table and found that her bag was still there. He ordered a thorough search if the building. He himself was running up and down the stairs searching for her desperately.

They searched almost everywhere but there was no trace of her.

"Sir, we've searched everywhere. She is not here" a brave watchman said.

Manik ruthlessly grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. " what did you say? Huh? She is still here. Search again and keep searching till you find her. Do you understand?"

"ye..yes sir"

Manik tried to calm himself. He had to think. His mind flew back to the time when both of them got locked up in the store room...store room. They hadn't checked the basement yet. Manik rushed down the stairs three at a time.

The store room door was locked. He didn't have the patience to get the keys. So he shoved himself against it finally breaking it open.

He saw a figure lying on the floor of the dark room. It was Nandini. He cradled her in his lap. He face was unusually pale and her hands were cold.

"Nandini...Nadini pls open your eyes." There was no response. Manik felt panic eating him up. Without wasting any more time, he carried her to his car and strapped her up.

He decided to take her to his home rather than the hospital as it was nearer. Maya being a doctor would be there to take care of her anyway.

...

Maya was pacing across the living room. She badly wanted to go after Manik, but God knows where he went the way he did. It was getting late and Aditya was about to go searching for both of them when they heard a car approaching.

Maya saw Manik rushing in with an unconscious Nandini in his arms. He told her how he found her unconscious in the store room. Manik gently placed her on his bed. Maya went into her doctor mode and began her work. After a few minutes she had Nandini back to normal. She was now sleeping peacefully.

Maya looked up to see her brother's face dripping with worry. She placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder and said " Don't worry. She is absolutely fine. Woh bas so rahi hain"