The Outburst

"Di?"
No reponse.

"DI?"
Silence.

"NANDINI DI?"

"Huh?" Nandini snapped back from her thoughts. "Kya hua? Tum chilla kyun rahe ho sab teek hain na?" she asked Arohi who was staring at her bewildered.

"Yeh mujhe aapse puchna chahiya. Jab se hum Nusing home se aaye hain aap bahut disturbed lag rahi hain. Is everything alright?"

No. Not at all. Everything just got a hundred times more complicated. But Nandini couldn't tell her that. Not yet at least.

"No. I'm just tired. Main thodi der rest karloon? Shaam ko Aliya ke party mein bhi jaana hain na."

"Ok di. You take rest." Arohi knew there was definitely something wrong but if Nandini didn't want to talk about it she was ready to give her some time.

...

"Mujhe aisa kyun lag raha hain ki maine 3rd world war dekne keliye balcony ticket book kar rakha hain" Navya asked sitting next to Cabir in the sofa watching the couples on the dance floor.

" Madhubala ji, this is just the beginning. Aage dekho kya hone wala hain" Cabir said giving her his signature smirk. Everything was going on smoothly. Nandini and Aryamaan were dancing, Manik was glaring at them and Soha was clinging to him. Perfect!

Aryaman had 'unexpectedly' come to visit Nandini exactly when she was about to leave for the party making her invite him along. Of course our innocent Arohi had nothing to do with it. *wink* *wink*

Nandini had a farway look in her face. Aryamaan was smiling at her, blissfully unaware of the drama around him. God knows how long the guy will stay alive considering the look Manik was giving him!

Arohi popped down next to Cabir and Navya. "Aryamaan bhai ko yahan lane keliye pata nahin mujhe kya kya karna pada. But I think it was totally worth it."

"Yup. I had to practically fall on Aliya's feet to make her invite Soha." Cabir said. "But dekho woh kya kamal ki kaam kar rahin hain!"

He said pointing to Soha dragging Manik to the dance floor.

Nandini saw Manik and Soha dancing right next to her. That was when her mind decided to focus on what was happening around her. She did NOT like what was going on. She looked the other way with a 'humph' pretending not to care. Manik on the other hand was not at all in a mood for discretion. He downright glared at them.

Dhuv and Aliya were dancing with each other maintaining a safe distance from the war zone.

"I'm so gonna win this bet." Aliya whispered to Dhruv.

"Don't be so sure sweetheart. You'll win only If Manik confesses tonight. If he was that smart. He would be raising his kids by now." Dhruv said.

Aliya rolled her eyes and said. " Dhruv tum romance ke baare mein kuch nahin jaante. Just look at them ya. They are totally burning with jealousy. It is a powerful trigger." This had Dhruv's eyebrows crunch in confusion. Hmmm. Maybe?

That's it. Enough of this boring glaring session. Time for a Dhamaka! Mukthi decided. She was the DJ for the night. She gave Cabir a thumbs up before changing the song. A slow sensual music filled the room. Lights were dimmed and the couples drew each other closer.

Kuch khaas hain..
Kuch paas hain..
Kuch ajnabi ehsaas hain...
Kuch dooriyan..
Nazdikiyaan...
Aur has padi thanhayiyan..

Nandini found herself a bit too close to Aryamaan. She was about to push him back a bit when she saw Soha pressed against Manik. All thoughts disappeared from her mind and it was replaced by a familiar unpleasant feeling crawling up her stomach. She so wanted to rip Soha away from him right now. She herself was alarmed at the violent thoughts coming to her mind. She conveniently put the blame on Manik.
Aiyyo Aiyappa! Look at that idiot giving that girl all sorts of wrong signals. Sharam nam ki koi cheez hain ki nahin isae. He himself is clinging to that girl aur mujhe khoor raha hain. Really the nerve of this man!