Maybe trips can be perfect | Hidge

Wow people are actually reading these the pressure is real

Hunk's 24 and Pidge is 22 and they still live in the castle cause of reasons okay

She/Her pronouns for Pidge
———
It wasn't a planned trip, more of a spur of the moment thing that Hunk convinced his girlfriend was a good idea.

Hunk had been working all day trying to figure out a new, more clean way to milk Kaltenecker since Coran had finally tried it and declared it too disgusting to exist.

After hours of tinkering, he got too tired to try any harder and decided to cool off in the pool. It was at this point that he realized how dark everything was, how industrialized his world had become.

I need to go outside.

Hunk had thoughts about going to a beachy planet similar to Earth before, but had never acted on it. Today, however, he decided that today was going to be the day he went somewhere that reminded him of his home planet.

He excitedly told Pidge about his plan, and she happily went along with it since she knew homesickness hit them both decently bad pretty often.

They didn't really pack anything, just swimsuits and Altean sunscreen, and took off in green lion towards the sandy planet.

Once they got to the uninhabited beach, the entire day was full of fun and a sense of relaxation that only they could bring to each other. They played in the water, told jokes, laughed at nothing in particular, and explored in the more green part of the planet.

At one point, Pidge had found a crab-like creature that had green markings on its back. She brought it to her boyfriend who joked about cooking it, and to his surprise she thought he was serious and got very defensive over the "innocent creature that didn't deserve to die".

Once the Samoan explained that he was joking, they both found her previous action hilarious and laughed all the way to the pools where they set the creature down.

When they went into the deeper part of the sea, Hunk grabbed his girlfriend and put her on his shoulders so her "vertically challenged" self wouldn't be hit by the waves of salt water crashing over them.

They ended the mini trip late in what seemed like night, exhausted and content as they laid on the sand. They talked and spoke of things they wanted to do in the future, and everything was good.

Everything was easy.

Everything was how it was supposed to be.

Everything was perfect.