I Trust You, Do You Trust Me? | Heith

I wrote fluffy Heith cause a cheating fic can't be the only one here. Also, a lot of these fics are Hunk centric rn only because most of my requests are from Hunk stans, but that'll change soon I promise.

ALSO WHADDUP I FINALLY UPDATED THIS YAH GIRL AINT DEAD

——

It took Keith a long time to trust somebody. He trusted Shiro after months of knowing him, even though he had been like an older brother to the red paladin from the start. It had taken weeks to even begin to feel comfortable with the rest of the Paladins of Voltron.

Well, most of the Paladins.

Almost immediately, Keith had taken a liking to the sweet (yet somehow still salty) boy, no scratch that, man, and he had no real reason behind it, he just had a nagging feeling of positivity when the yellow paladin entered a room.

And then, whoops, he realized caught the gay.

Keith grunted, doing all he could to get through the hardest level he could train at. He was somehow kicking, hitting, and slicing at the robot all at once, with such a sense of control you could've sworn he'd done it a million times already. He had done it a couple times already, but today he was struggling to face this mechanic humanoid because of why he was training.

Ugh. Why am I so gay.

(a/n this is terribly cheesy but whatevs)

He couldn't help it. Falling for the strong yet sweet boy wasn't a hard thing to do, hell, almost everyone has had a crush on Hunk at one point or another.

But this wasn't just a crush. He was falling, if not for him, it was in love with him.

Why were feelings so hard? Couldn't he just notice the guy's biceps without lightly gasping every time? And why couldn't he just look away when Hunk took off his shirt due to the heat? Why was it that Keith, one of the most reckless and spontaneous people ever, could not just go right out and say, "Hey dude. I know you're my rivals best friend, but for a couple months I've crushed on you from afar but now we're friends so I can act on it"?

The thing is, he knew why.

First of all, he had what his childhood school therapist told him were "abandonment issues", and even the thought of expressing something resembling love or a sign of complete trust was terrifying to the Red Paladin, so he never did. This caused him to get a reputation as the "angsty loner boy" at the Garrison, and everyone that had heard of him was either scared of him or laughed at him.

Hunk was usually scared, even if he made jokes at Keith's expense from time to time. And since Keith didn't want to ruin his relationship with the Samoan, he kept quiet about the tiny bit of hurt he felt when he was made fun of.

Anyways. Back to the present.

Keith tried his best to train hard enough to keep his mind off of Hunk, but all it did was hurt him and make him get even more lost in thought.

Just then, the doors busted open, bringing Pidge, Lance, and (most importantly) Hunk. They all looked somewhat worried, but the sunshine boy looked the most anxious. Pidge, narrowing her eyes, asked Keith what he thought he was doing. This surprised the Red Paladin, and he responded with simple "training... duh." and an eyeroll.

"You're also wearing yourself out to the point that that you can't stand normally, you idiot."

"What the fuck the Lance. I can, I'm just leaning right now."