🌈 How you catch his attention (p.2)

- from gods' P.O.V. -

HERMES: She was such in a hurry and I wondered why.... for days I was keeping an eye on her as she every day was going in and out the usual museum and for that she caught my attention. And as I got curious to know what she could possibly do in the same museum every day I chased after her. When I found myself in that place I got surprised and amazed for the great amount of artefacts of the ancient Greece. I took a look around and every time I looked at each pieces of art I remembered the old times and the ancient Greeks... but when I turned my back the woman was nowhere to be found. Damn I let her run away! I began searching for her in every corner until when I stopped behind her back being bewitched by her eloquence. I felt stunned at her ability to speak fluently and in different languages and for how diplomatic she was being with her client... her words coming out from her mouth held so much knowledge that they were like a magic spell tome... and for the first time I felt entranced by a human.

DIONYSUS: I was walking down some streets of a city and I approached a group who was heading somewhere to have fun; after all who am I, god of wine and party, not to go where there was fun no? I followed them and entered a pub; it was nice and as it was full of people and music was being played I assumed a party was going on. Yeah! Awesome! Always ontime for parties!! just right in time for fun.. I sat down in a corner. I wanted to take a look and maybe later I would join in. And there it was that time that my senses tingled; observing everyone only one caught my eyes and it was a really beautiful woman who was the barmaid. She was serving her guests with such a bright smile that made me blush a bit. And in her work I could sense passion as she was so natural with her guests... and that passion captured me and my interest. But what really captured my attention was the fact that that pretty lady with her work was really able to give fun and joy to everyone; and I could feel that. It was amazing! I remained there observing her from afar with a smile on my face while she was letting her guests having fun and every time she laughed... after all a party was going on in her pub. I made myself pretty comfortable in the bar as I began feeling at ease like I could feel at home... and then something curious happened: that beauty of barmaid was invited by some friends of her on the dance floor. She remained still for a moment behind the desk but then interrupted her work and went to join and danced. I saw her dancing and holy Zeus she was amazing! Besides being an amazing barmaid she was an awesome dancer. A perfect combination for me. I thought by myself and chuckled at the thought."She really knows how to have fun and make party. I wouldn't mind having her around me" I told  by myself as I sipped from a goblet of wine I conjured up without getting noticed.

HEPHAESTUS: A relaxing day from work and I was admiring some stands down the streets of a city. Looking around myself I noticed it was an exhibition opened at the public and it was about hand-made craft and I felt attracted by it. I began wandering around little by little I starting feeling at ease like I was walking in my own house and forge through the objects I myself create... but there,what was different was that the objects were made by humans. As I walked I kept on smiling at the people behind his own stand as a sign to compliment them for their hard work. I like and appreciate when the mortals have so much creativity and decide to express it into handmade art & craft.... and suddenly while I was strolling down a street among the stands I felt attracted by something and turning my head to where I felt that odd feeling coming from I saw a stand of terracotta pots; and noticing a young lady behind that stall without even realizing I stopped right in the middle of the street to look at her with admiration. Among all those adults she was the youngest one and for that I felt curious and asked myself what a pretty young lady could do. I got nearer her table out of curiosity and when I looked at the terracotta pots she was showing I couldn't resist but be in awe. Ok, they are easy to create that even a young lady like her could be able; but I'd never seen such beautiful vases like those...they could be plain and easy pots yet the decorations on them were so well-made and elaborate that made those artefacts unique. She looked at me being enchanted by her works and giggled at me while hiding a hint of blush and I smiled at her... and turning my eyes to my left I saw a corner reserved for jewellery. Observing better the necklaces and earrings she created herself were unique too; they weren't made of the usual material but of other that I assumed it was a recycled one. Everything she was showing at the public was magnificent but above all it was all made by her and I could notice that by looking at her hands; I could recognize hands of any type of artisans easily and within few seconds.. and those hands were one of those; such pretty and graceful hands yet so amazing that could shape fantastic objects.

THANATOS: As always I was looking on  my death record that got updated at each time of death that appeared at every name of the humans who died. And it was right when I was leafing through the pages when my eyes met up with something strange; I looked better and controlling again among the names and their corresponding time of decease I met up with the name of a girl I regularly check for few days. The names on my book are always accompanied by the countdown to that corresponding human's time of death... and everything goes at it should go: when countdown stops it means that person is dead and the time of death replaces the countdown. However for that girl something strange was going on: the countdown stopped and wouldn't go further and suddenly it was replaced by a blank space. Impossible! How can something like this happen? That left me totally puzzled and I wanted to know; I wanted to know what was happening to that human... I have to... and that is what brought me to end up in a hospital room; and there I saw her, a pretty girl in a hospital bed. I observed her more carefully and  looking at her status I understood everything: she was on life support and for that I assumed she came out severely injured from a terrible accident. Nothing strange happened at last, I just didn't expect something like this and for no reason I felt pity for her. I never feel compassion for humans on their death beds because what's the point on being pitiful at every death? However for that lady I was and I couldn't explain how was I feeling. So I decided I would visit her every night to check on her as she caught my whole attention. In this way I began going in and out the Underworld for several nights just to look on her until one night I decided to stay over by her. I stood by her side of the hospital bed for the whole evening and I stood silent as I watched her in her sleep and I felt entranced while observing her... and without even noticing I connected with her. For me it's possible to get in contact with the thoughts of the humans only when they are on their death beds... and getting in touch with her thoughts I remained stunned listening to what she was feeling and thinking. "Why resist death even when it is everyone's fate even yours?" I asked her and I was able to answer that question by myself just observing her; she was struggling against her coma because she wanted to live again.. and her strong will of surviving was so strong that I, the god of Death, remained incredulous and didn't know what to do. I could only smile at her and then sighing I closed the death book. "I will let you go, lady" and I touched her eyes and then disappeared to return in the Underworld.

MORPHEUS: As night approached as my usual I entered in the world of the human dreams. My job is to deliver visions to them and keep a watchful eye on them ... it seems an enjoyable task but it is also crucial; dreams carry something special in them like visions of the future or they have the power to transport the humans in their dream world even when it is only a fantasy. Who am I not to let them? At least humans can afford everything in the world of dreams when they can not in the hard reality and so I try to make everyone happy... and sometimes I involuntarily peep into their dreams just for curiosity. And that happened to me once with a pretty lady. Not on purpose I found myself in her dream; differently from others her dream was extraordinary. Well, every dream is but hers was the most exceptional one that night. It had something I couldn't express with simple words; its uniqueness and creativity was abnormal but in a good way... and I felt utterly surprised that a woman like her had such a fantasy hidden in the dreams she kept on having. She was out of ordinary and I decided to keep an eye on her. And by doing so several nights passed by with me standing at her side and being present in every dream; and when she had nightmares I did my best to lull her into a peaceful dream and sleep by driving away those monsters... and I was doing that only because I wanted her to have beautiful dreams every night. In the end I found myself becoming attached to her...and in no time I ended up looking forward to her going to sleep and in this way to dream to go into her visions and experience them personally with her just to see how she feels in her fantasies. And every time it was an adventure we both loved; with her it was always taking part in a breathtaking fantasy play... and I loved it.