Ares x pregnant reader || Firstborn

You gasped as you stopped so suddenly among the soldiers out in camp. You tried to reach for something to lean on as you gasped for breath while wrapping your arms on your heavily swollen stomach.

"My lady!".

Soldiers and your servants came at you running worried.

"B-Baby... now. Ah!" you screamed in pain. Your maids took you under your arms and accompanied you back to the temple.

Once inside the temple the servants laid you down on the bed and right the second after they were already taking care of you being in labour.

"A-Ares... Where's he?" he kept on calling his name out loud between pain and gasps; maybe he would appear there, in the moment of most need when you were giving birth to your firstborn child, by calling him over and over again... and right after the door was slammed and Ares, covered in blood and sweat, ran to your side.

"I ran all the way here when I heard the news" he panted as he took your hand in his. "I'm sorry".

"J-Just help me".

"My lady, a bit more and here we are. The baby is coming!" one of the maids smiled at you.

You tightened the grip on Ares' hand once again and then...

"Is here. Our child is here" your lover told you.

All panting and sweating you let out a sigh of relief while you smiled and finally you could relax.

The servants handed out the baby.

"Our firstborn child" Ares kept on repeating to himself; he just couldn't believe that he was now a father. He looked at you with the baby in your arms and then the little one took a finger of his father's hand.

"A firm and strong grip to be one of a newborn... Must be a boy, for sure" the god told out loud as he exchanged glances with his child.

"My lord Ares... it's a girl, not a boy".

Ares was shocked for what he just heard; he wanted to have a firstborn male, for all the duration of your pregnancy he'd always imagined to get one.

He then looked again at the child who was now sleeping and a kind smile – one you rarely saw on him – formed on his face.

"It doesn't matter".

"She'll be a great warrior princess" Ares told and then placed a kiss on the front of the baby girl and then yours.