3. Elysium (Thanatos x reader)

I was with eyes closed.

Wait... how... closed eyes? When I fell asleep? Seriously I was sleeping? I woke up suddenly. I still was on the cliff and it was still night but of Tariq there wasn't sign; I tried so to look around and I called his name but no response came back. And for that I remained confused.

As much as I knew I could have slept for few minutes, but where did he go? But then... how and when did I feel asleep? It was really a dilemma but I didn't meditate so much because I thought it was time to return back at the camping site, not only because I feared teachers would notice my absence but also because a cool breeze rose up and as I was dressed light I began to feel cold.

In that way I followed the path we came in on and as I went it down to reach the lake level I got nearer and went further in the woods. Walking through the pines in the middle of the night and, moreover, all alone wasn't the best but I couldn't do any thing about it; that was the path. I tried to sped up the pace and I kept on checking around. And while I was walking at a certain point I heard a noise that made me jump for fear; something was moving in a near bush and I got petrified with open eyes and heart that began thumping. I was scared, really scared, in that moment I didn't know what kind of animal could be hidden in it until when, out of curiosity, I got nearer the bush; and right when I was few centimetres away something came out and for the sudden scare I took a step back and then I fell on the ground where I remained seated shocked and confused at the view.

In front of me there was a wolf cub but it wasn't an animal; honestly it was a flame of a dazzling blue with the form of a wolf cub. What was that? A wolf or a flame? Was it a kind of magic? But... since when did magic exist? All of that was a surreal sight. I stared at it trying to think about what could it be but nothing came to my mind. How could such a thing exist in a common forest? I remained so observing curiously that vague thing and the more I observed it the more it intrigued me... and right when I stood up that wolf-flame began moving; and taken by instinct I didn't think twice and I began following it. I ran and ran through the pines always with watchful eyes on the flame not to let it escape until when I appeared in front of the entrance of a cavern.

What was doing a cavern there? Around the camping site there wasn't mountain and even less the presence of caves; it was right that moment when I had the feeling I had strayed so far from everyone and that I went too further in the forest.

"What should I do now?" I wondered. "Go in or return joining the others?".

I remained meditating for a while until when with the corner of my eye I took a glimpse of the little flame going into the cave.

"I am here" I told myself "I will follow this fantastic wolf cub. What harm will come of it?".

Doing so I entered and for the total darkness I groped my way walking slow always following and touching the wall.

"Ehi little flame wait!" I told out loud when I saw that thing going to disappear in a far distance. "Don't let me alone. Wait for me!".

But a moment after it disappeared. I was all alone in a cave and I began not to like at all that total darkness, it began to upset me. However in that moment I couldn't go back and so I went on hoping that I would come out to another part of the forest better if it was a shortcut that lead in the proximity of the camping site; that would be really better I thought.... but I kept on going further in and there was no sign of an end.

"Where the hell am I? Where the hell am I going to?" I began asking myself and a second later I found myself to curse at me until when my ears caught some noise of a flowing river and some confused voices.