Facts 1-10

( I do not own the actual video on YouTube)

1. When the Sailor Moon anime first came into America, there was several changes made. Many of the characters names changed and some plot points were altered or removed. Breast lines were removed from their transformations, and some violent scenes in the first and second season were removed. Certain scenes would be played twice, and in reverse, to make up time from portions that were removed. Japenese writing that was originally in the show was attempted to be hidden.

2. There is a "Sailor says" segment at the end of some of the episodes, which was added by DIC [ prounonced deak], for the English dubbed version. It was suppose to help the show appeal by broadcasters by conforming FCC regulations on educational material. It was removed when Cloverway took over the dub.

3. The Japenese title of Sailor Moon is Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, which translates better to Pretty Soldier/Guardian Sailor Moon.

4. The manga was illustrated by Naoko Takeuchi, and was serialized in the shoujo manga magazine Nakayoshi from 1991 to 1997.

5. Naoko Takeuchi is married to Yoshihiro Togashi, which is another famous mangaka. He is known for making animes such as Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter X Hunter. The couple have two children, a son and a daughter.

6. The first edition of the Sailor Moon manga has 18 volumes, and the second had 12 volumes. The original anime is 200 episodes long. There are three animated films, a live action film, several musicals, many video games, a trading card game , a one hour T.V. special, trading figures, many companion books, and a second anime called Sailor Moon Crystal.

7. In 1995 there was an attempt to make an American version of Sailor Moon, which was suppose to be half animation, and half live action. The idea was turned down ( author-chan: YESSS!! ) because it would cost more money than just simply dubbing it.

8. The Sailor Moon manga won a Kodasha Manga award for Shoujo in 1993.

9. In Sailor Moon Super S: The Movie, Sailor Moon and Sailor Mini Moon use an attack called Moon Gorgeous Meditation. This is the only time  Mini Moon uses that attack.

10. In the 32nd episode of Sailor Moon (season 4), "Rini's love Rhapsody", animaters forgot to draw Rini's crescent moon on her forehead when she turns into the princess. It appears later when she's riding on Pegasus.