Sparks Fly

Mornings and I do not mix. I always wake up in a bad mood and always manage to be late for school. This morning was no exception, in fact it was even worse as it marked the first day of a whole new year. I climb out of my bed and somehow enter my bathroom still in a haze from my slumber. I gasp as I look into the mirror. A beast stares back, long brown hair tangled everywhere. I attempt to make myself presentable in the 5 mins I have before I have to get to school. I throw on a pair of three quarter length shorts, a white tee shirt with a moustache design on it and finish off my outfit with my favourite pair of yellow crocs.

I rush into my kitchen, and silence, a sound I'm all too familiar with greets me. My parents died in a plane crash when I was 14 and ever since then I've been living with my older brother who  is rarely home.

I quickly make my way from home to school, tempted to hit a tree so I don't have to go. As I enter my school the loud obnoxious voices of my peers hits me. I hate these people. They are rude and dumb, I can't wait to escape this hell. I'm sure to keep my head down as I stroll towards my locker and a chorus of whispers follows me. I check my face to feel if I have any left over breakfast on it, but I feel nothing. I try to ignore them but they begin to get louder. I finally look around to see what the cause of the stares and whispers is and see that it isn't me.

Disaster strikes as I trip over my trusty crocs and crash into a hard body and my books go flying. I crouch down and look up to see bloodshot hazel eyes and tousled dark hair. It's Blaine Carter. The resident bad boy at my school. I've avoided all contact with him for years and now I know exactly why. His frightening stare causes me to almost pee myself. He surprises me by crouching down with me to help me pick up my books.

"Watch where you're going newbie." He states with a firm and clear voice. The fact that he thinks I'm new here reaffirms my social status of a wallflower. He looks at me with a distant, clouded look but a mixture of curiosity and intrigue lingers in his eyes. His large masculine hands brush mine as he passes my books back to me and electric shocks tingle through my body.

"Sorry." I say quietly and move out of his way.

"Nice crocs by the way" he says with a cool voice.

My heart almost bursts. No one ever compliments my crocs. I quickly scurry away and try to recover from my interaction with THE Blaine Carter. This year might be more interesting than expected...

Hi ladies, hehe so that's the first chapter be sure to vote and follow me for updates! Hope you enjoyed xoxo