Chapter - 12

Usually i m not such a nervous person, but today after changing into 4 different outfits, I wore a peach shirt, black pants and black suit, I finished it off with light makeup. And rushed out of my house before I could change my mind.

Since my apartment was 5 minutes away and even though I was half an hour early, I still took a cab just in case.

The office building was aesthetic with a mix of charm and modern style. I immediately loved it. As I took the lift to the marketing department after fumblingly asking the receptionist. I took a deep breath before stepping out of the lift.

The department was quite empty except for few associates who gave me curious looks.
I looked around till it was time to meet the HR. And somehow no one approached me.

I was shown to my cabin which faced the entire cubicles of other marketing employees and associates.
It was way way way bigger than my old office back in US but this work load will be way way way more than what I did before so I think it's fair. Plus I will be handling clients, dealers and others hence the space and class of the room. But what grabbed my attention was a white box on the Mahagony desk which also had a red card.
I thanked the HR and went straight to the box.. It had the most exquisite long stemmed white roses. I took one rose and had a whiff with a sigh. The card which I opened next made my eyes wide which said 'Welcome to Veda Industry and Good luck,'
-Kabir Kapoor, Holy chips, did he actually write it down!

Also who gives white roses for their employees. But that felt nice and special.

Thus the day started bright and good with me looking at the entire product, marketing strategies, various advertising, previous projects and competitors. Added to that, I had to attend my first meeting with the staff and it went something like this.

The whole conference room was buzzing but it went dead silent once I entered with the head of HR who introduced me. To my amusement I got disbelief and appalled looks which I expected since I knew the staff would be 'concerned ' first about the gender and second maybe about the fact that I was too young to handle the whole department and more.
Now don't call me judgemental, I know how Corporate world works.
So I took the podium and put on a smile and began with a hint of steel beneath my tone. "Hello, Good Morning, Thank you, Mr. Gupta for the introduction, I would've started my speech with a joke but then it striked to me after some looks I got that is not what y'all want to hear."

As I continued I looked at the staff intently "If you are concerned about my age and gender, trust me you need not worry, because I wouldn't have been appointed otherwise and I'm really good at what I do and this might sound pompous or narcissist but I will leave that to you once you get to know me. What I need is team effort, from each one, efficiency and hard work is two qualities I look for also since we are in marketing, change is necessary with time and other factors so I hope you will be ready for it.. Because end result is to make this organisation the best and give each one of you opportunity to rise. Thank you."

As I took a breathe and went away from the mic, what made me stop in my mid step was the thunderous applause from the staff and look of admiration from the heads of departments. I was literally dancing in my head because it's really hard to get such response from the staff now on the first day. It was time to keep the promise.

Thus went my entire day expect for one meeting which didn't happen because CEO aka Kabir Kapoor was handling an important merger in Bangalore (Another city in India) and was returning tomorrow. Which saved me from another awkward conversation with the boss.

My head was realing from all the calls and visits which were numerous for a single day, but what I immediately required was an assistant even though the staff cooperated, I had to pick the calls and give appointments myself which was tiresome. Since I had immediately figured out this, through an agency I asked them to send candidates for interview which would be held by me tomorrow.

I was still deeply buried in some documents when I got a call which startled me because of the silence in the office to which I suddenly came to know I had waved off to most of my staff without realising it was almost 8.30 in the night.
Since the phone rings annoyed me, I picked it up and answered by "Hello, Mehta s office!" automatically.

"Good Evening, May I speak to Miss Mehta?" the person spoke on the other end.

My heart thudded and the morning nervousness came in waves.
I cleared my tone and sat straight as if he was in front of me and replied quickly "Good Evening , Mr. Kapoor, This is her speaking"

He chuckled and I thought man, he has such a husky deep voice. Then it struck me what I thought and shook my head.

Heck. What's wrong with me! My boss, my boss I chanted (in my head of course.)

But when I closed my eyes, somehow I went back to the day I barged in his room where he wore just his pants. Now i jerked with shock which almost made the phone fall from my hand,

WTF.

Mother of Pakodas. Damn you Ru. Concentrate on call.

He must have said something and was waiting for me but I was in my RuRu land.
"Um..Sorry sir, can you repeat that?" I requested wincing at the impression I was giving him.

"Still buried in the work are you Ms. Mehta? And that's okay, what I asked was did you get my welcome card along with your gift?" he asked in that husky velvety voice.

"Yes sir. Thank you so much for that." I affirmed.

"Its really good knowing that you are still at work but it's late, you can do the rest tomorrow, also if you are wondering how I know you are still working, I got call from Mr. Gupta who is also in the same floor working and saw you in your cabin and since he had to give me your performance updates, also informed me you are still at work. Which reminds me to congrulate you on marvellous speech which got you the cooperation of all your staff I heard. Well done, Ms. Mehta. You have achieved, some of the difficulties today and hence I order you to go back home immediately, your car will be waiting outside. Is that clear? Mr. Kabir Kapoor elaborates.

I am fucking shell shocked. Holy shit, he appreciated me which fucking never happened before ever. Damn. My first day is on Cloud 9 and he should be getting the boss of the year award for being this considerate.
I stood up abruptly to dance but immediately sat back when I saw the phone hanging.

"Sir, Thank you so much, for everything you said and your support. And I will be leaving immediately. Thank you again for everything. I will make sure you don't regret hiring me." I promised with a gigantic smile in my face and giddy heart.

"I hope not. But I am pretty sure you won't let me or the company down, Ms. Mehta. And before I say Good night, meet me at 10.00 sharp in my office tomorrow. Good Night, Ms. Mehta." he adds.

"Yes of course sir. Good Night, Mr. Kapoor" I bid and keeps my calls.

Then I look around and once I see no one watching I do my Bhangra (dance form) in my cabin.

This ends my amazing day.

A/N - People, now shower me some love with vote and comments. I wrote 1333 words. This must be a new record.
I hope you liked this chapter.
Feedbacks are really appreciated.
Also apologise for the errors.
This is a first draft. Not yet edited.

The ride is about to get started.
Fasten the seat belts.
*Smirks.*

-Deex.