Chapter - 14

The first week went by in a blur. Unpacking took most of my Friday (evening ) and Saturday.

I was pretty happy with all my unpacking and made myself a cup of tea before sitting on my terrace...it held a spectacular view of Mumbai city in its hustle bustle. I was planning on starting a garden when I got call from Mom.

"Hello Maa, how are you? " I asked.

" Hello daughter of mine ! I am pretty good and how was your week ?" She asked rather smugly.

I got some suspicious with the tone but I knew I would know the reason of that in sometime.

"It was rather hectic, I'll tell you tomorrow morning when I come home" I replied

" Yes of course, Dad has told me to give you his best and said he will be picking you at 10.00 "

"Come on, Mom, I think I can manage to come by myself it's just 20 minutes from here " I exclaimed. Bah! Parents!

" Child " Mom started this in such a condescending tone , I knew where this was going , "Your dad has been excited about you spending Sunday with us from the time you landed here , since you immediately started working we never got anytime to catch up and now you are..."

"Jeez. Sorry..sorry Maa, I didn't think of that, you know what ask him to pick me up at 8, I miss you both " I interrupted , feeling guilty.

"Really? You will wake up early on Sunday to be with us? " My mom screamed in excitement.

" Yes Mom , it's a brunch date" I agree chuckling at her excitement.

"Ah! Also beta, get a party dress with you for the evening" mom says quickly.

I pause. What is my mom planning? Arranged meet ups? Potential suitors? Awkward conversations. Oh hell no.

But before I could decline, she somehow knew I would , she goes on rambling "It's a welcome home party for you, just few close people and yes I know no matching making..."

"Maa, you got me at no matching making! But only few close people right?" I shifted my weight from leg to another and sighed.

There goes my weekend.