Crash Course

"Well, well, well, look who decided to show up." said Jackson.
"It's good to see to see you Jackson," I said, "How have you been after the war?"
"Eh, I could be better", he said. "I could be back at home, enjoying my Cadillac, yet im here, always have been least since you left, and I have to say you've changed. Heck, last time I saw you was in 1945 and how were you then, 30."
"22", I said. "Must he always forget how old I am?" I thought to myself.
"And now you are?" He asked.
"If you knew how to sum you would figure it out." I said.
We both laughed.
"Ah, its good to have you back Evan." He said.
"Yeah, well don't be so grateful yet." "I still don't think this is the right thing for me." I said.
"Well, we thought about that", said Jackson. "And since you lead me so well during battle in tanks, well how'd you like to be a captain of a battle ship?" He said.
Captain! Of a battleship! My mind raced and so many thought ran by my mind. "Hell yeah!!" I said.
"Well then, welcome to the Navy, Captain Evan." He said and he saluted.
I saluted back.
"Now let's get you familiarized with ship types." He said.
We got on an Jeep and started driving towards the docks.
"So, Evan, have you ever been on a warship?" He asked.
"Yeah", I said.
"How long ago?" He asked.
"Ehhh...about 18 years ago." I said. "Why?"
"Well let's just say ships have changed a little bit throughout 18 years." He said.
After 3 minutes of driving we arrived at the docks, Jackson parked the Jeep near a hangar.
We both got off.
"Right, follow me." Said Jackson.
I followed him through the factory where I saw this ship being repaired and it was relatively small.
"Thats a Destroyer", said Jackson, "you'll notice it has small guns, because its main weapons are torpedoes, these ships rely on speed, to flank the enemy and launch torpedoes to deliver a devastating blow to the enemy."
"Wow, thats cool." I said.
"Yes, but they lack good armor, so they can get destroyed pretty easily" ,said Jackson.
"Now lets introduce you to another type of ship", said Jackson.
Next we walked to another factory. Here was a bigger ship than a Destroyer, but still small.
"These ships are Cruisers, they are basically all-around ships. They have a balance between firepower, guns, armor and speed", said Jackson.
"These seem pretty useless". I said.
"Ah, they don't seem appealing to you well, lets move on to something you are really going to like", said Jackson.
We walked outside the factory to the docks were I could see the vast ocean.
"This way", said Jackson.
Then we turned a corner and then I saw this monstrosity of a ship.
"WOAH!! Now thats a SHIP!" I said, looking at the ship like if I was a little kid, in Christmas.
"Yea I thought you might like these", said Jackson, "these are battleships, the overlords of firepower, they boast huge guns with extremely thick armor. However, they are very slow."
"Also this is the biggest battleship we have, she is the: "USS Montana", said Jackson.
"Wow, I'm lost for words." I said.
"Were not done yet though, there's still one more ship type to show you", said Jackson.
We then walked back to the Jeep and drove for about a minute to a port where lied the biggest ship, mostly likely in history.
We parked the Jeep right next to the port and went onboard and onto a runway in the ship.
"Well, Evan, these are Aircraft Carriers, the life of the fleet, the name obviously explains what they carry." He said laughing.
I just stood looking in amazement, seeing how on one end the runway began and in the other end it just ended.
"Well, what do you think?" Asked Jackson.
"How do this even float?" We both laughed.
Well, lets go back to the Jeep I need to tell you something.
As we were disembarking the ship, Jackson stopped to gaze at the ship.
"Oh, I forgot to mention", said Jackson, "This ships name is: "USS Midway", "the biggest ship built after World War Two." Said Jackson.
"Wow", I said, "This is awesome".
We got on the Jeep yet, Jackson didn't turn on the engine. He looked at me.
"Evan, what ship would you like to command?"
"Wait, WHAT?!" I was shocked, I was confused, yet happy, I could choose whatever ship I wanted to command, this was like a dream come true, yet what ship would I choose there all so unique and exciting.
After like two minutes of thinking I made up my mind.
"I will command..." I paused and thought if the ship I wanted to command was really the one I would be ok with, and then I confirmed my thought.
"I will go with Battleships."