Rising Tensions

"Evan, I need to talk to to you." Said Jackson.
"What's up?" I said.
"We have a problem." Said Jackson with a serious tone.
I stayed silent.
"Remember a few weeks ago you did target practice near Guam?" Asked Jackson.
"Yeah, it went well." I said.
"Yeah, well that target practice made a problem." Said Jackson.
"What happened?" I asked, worried.
"Well, the Japanese are getting pretty angry of ships doing target practice near their island, even though it's American and they said to take target practice somewhere else but we can't." Said Jackson.
"Why?" I asked.
"Oh I don't know, maybe because we just got out of a damn war!" Said Jackson in a loud tone.
"Geez, ok, you don't need to get mad at me." I said.
"Yeah, im sorry, it's just been a long day." Said Jackson, while letting out a sigh.
"Tomorrow you will officially be captain, how do you feel about that Evan?" He asked me.
"I feel...proud, I guess." I said.
"Well just be on the lookout tomorrow we're sending you for a final target practice near Guam." Said Jackson, "You will receive you're training objectives tomorrow, but for now, go rest, tomorrow will be a long day for you." Said Jackson.
"Okay." I said.
I picked up my bag pack and walked to my car.
I threw the bag pack inside the car, and got in it and then drove home.

THE NEXT DAY
60 MILES OFF THE COAST OF GUAM

"Target practice is complete" Said James.
"Right then, lets head back to port." I said.
"Sir, there's a Japanese ship, 5 a clock." Said Jay.
"It's a guard boat." Said Jay. "It doesn't pose any threat to us."
"It looks so tiny compared to our ship." I thought to myself.
"Looks like we have a final target, aim all turrents to that ship." I said.
"Sir, I don't think that's a good idea." Said James.
"I said shoot the ship, thats an order." I said, with a serious tone.
"Yes sir." Said Jess.
~BANG~ ~BANG~ ~BANG~ ~BANG~ ~BANG~ ~BANG~
"Target hit and destroyed." Said Jay.
The ship sunk quickly whilst on fire.
"Well done boys, and don't worry about this, no one will find out this happened." I said, with a slight grin.
"Now, we can go back to port." I said.
"Engines, half forward, heading 070." I said.
"Engines half forward, heading 070." Repeated James.
I felt the ship lean to the right and then straighten out to continue its course back to port."

2 HOURS LATER...

"We have to wait for another ship to leave." Said James.
"Okay." I said.
"We also have word that a picture of the ship needs to be taken." Said James.
"Why?" I asked.
He chuckled, "Clearly you don't know the history of this ship, tomorrow is the 5th birthday of this ship." Said James.
"Oh ok." I said.
"Line it up outside of the port, lets give a her a photo that she deserves." I said.
After James parked the ship, we called in a boat to go back to the port, where we then got on a helicopter to take us to get an aerial view of the ship, and also I got the honor to take the picture.

"She really is something." I said to myself.
After taking the picture I told the helicopter pilots to brings us back down, after the helicopter landing, I got out of it, I got on a Jeep and drove to headquarters.
After a short drive I parked the Jeep in front of the tent and went to talk with Jackson.
"Ah, Evan, how'd target practice go?" Asked Jackson.
"It went great." I said.
"Good, tomorrow you officially get to be captain then." Said Jackson.
"Yeah, I'm excited." I said.
"I can only imagine." Said Jackson.
I chuckle.
"Well, im heading home now, tomorrow's a big day." I said.
"Yes it is, Captain Evan." Said Jackson.
I salute him and he salutes back, after that I went to get my bag pack and drove back to base.
I walk over to my car and throw my bag pack in the trunk, and just before getting my car, Jess comes to me.
"Hey, Evan." Said Jess.
"Oh Jess, what's up?" I said.
"Did you really think it was necessary to sink that Japanese ship?" Asked Jess, with a worried look.
"Yeah, they've caused us so much problems, so why not, beside it's not like they'll notice or care about a tiny guard ship that's missing." I said.
"Well, that's what you believe." Said Jess, she then walked away, but suddenly stopped to face me. "You might've just started a new war, Evan." Said Jess with a serious look, she then walked away.
I then got in the car, and drove home.

2 DAYS LATER

"I can't believe im officially a captain." I said to myself.
I was in the car on the way to the base.
Upon arriving I did my usual routine, just before getting into the Jeep to drive to port, James stops me.
"Evan, Jackson wants to speak with you." Said James.
"Ok." I said, I then walked over to HQ where Jackson was there, sitting in a chair with a furious look on his face.
"Evan, sit down." Said Jackson with an aggressive tone.
I sat down.
"Evan, did you learn anything from when you we're in the war? Asked Jackson.
"Uh, of cou-" I was cut off.
"YOU LEARNED NOTHING!" Said Jackson.
"Woah, what the hell is the matter with you?" I said.
"WHATS THE MATTER?! THE MATTER IS THAT YOU SUNK A JAPANESE SHIP, WHEN I TOLD YOU TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHERE YOU DID TRAINING!! Said Jackson, looking at me as if he wanted to kill me.
At that point, I felt time come to a halt.
"Oh no." I said in my head over and over again.
"THANKS TO YOUR CARELESSNESS, THE JAPANESE HAVE TAKEN YOUR "FRIENDLY TARGET PRACTICE" AS AN ACT OF WAR!! Shouted Jackson.
"WHAT?!" I said, shocked at what I just heard.
"Maybe we can try negotiating?" I said, unsure of what I just said.
"Did you just tell me to negotiate?" Said Jackson as he stood up from his chair and walked towards me.
"HOW CAN YOU TELL ME TO NEGOTIATE TO THE JAPS WHEN THEY ALREADY WERE PISSED OFF AT US JUST FOR DOING TARGET PRACTICES NEAR GUAM AND YOU JUST SUNK ONE OF THIER SHIPS, CLEARY NEGOTIATING GONNA GO GREAT!!! He shouted, he then grabbed me.
"WHAT OTHER SUGGESTION DO YOU HAVE, HUH, CAPTAIN?! Shouted Jackson nearly chocking me.
"Sir, we have received an urgent message from the base at Guam." Said a solider.
Jackson let go of me.
"What does it say?" Asked Jackson.
"We have spotted Japanese planes, flying frequently over our base, we believe they might be planning an attack, requesting immediate backup." Said the solider.
"Look at what you've done!" Said Jackson to me, trying not to scream.
"We'll send backup right away." Said Jackson.
"Yes, sir." Said the solider.
"You are going to go to Guam and if you have to fight then you are fighting, YOU HEARD ME?! Said Jackson.
"Yes." I said.
"Also, if you come back alive, you won't have to worry about coming back to the military." Said Jackson.
"WHAT, you can't fire me." I said.
"Look, Evan if you want to keep livin' and breathin', I suggest you get out of here. Said Jackson, looking at me as if he wanted to kill me.
"Yes, sir." I said, as I walked outside of the office.