Captain's Log

"Six months", said Jackson.
"You're saying I have to train for six months" I said, bewildered by this, I never thought I'd have to be six months training.
"What did you expect?" Said Jackson, "the position of Captain doesn't come to anyone, even less to you, since you we're in the tank battalion", said Jackson.
"Ok, fine", I said. "Let's begin".
We boarded the "USS Montana" and went to the bridge. I looked at all the ships controls and I couldn't help but relate them to a tanks control. We walked to a station, that had many levers, I knew this station was for engine control.
"As Captain, you need to give commands to how much engine speed you want, say like, Full ahead, 1/4 ahead, 1/2 ahead, each ship has a different engine speed." Said Jackson.
"Yeah, I know". I said.

6 hours later

"So that's the beginning of training, now that you know the whereabouts of the ship, you can now begin training", said Jackson, "I'll see you again in a few months". He began to walk away, he then stopped and turned to me.
"Good luck, Captain." He then left the bridge of the ship.
I stood looking out the window and jut seeing the vast ocean, and other ships going by.
I sighed, and then disembarked the ship.

5 months later...

"Well, this is it, my first commanding of a ship, my maiden voyage." I thought.
I gaze at the ship, still trying to accept the size of it.
"Well, lets see what she can do." I said.