Timing

May 3, 1955
Guam

"Captain, we have a fleet ready and positioned around the North side of the island, your ship is with the fleet." Said a solider.
"Roger that, now if we were to expect an attack, where would you think they'd strike first?" I asked.
"I'm not sure, however, I'd assume they'd want to take out our airport which is in the center of the island." Said a solider.
"Okay, here's what I suggest, we need to move as many airplanes as possible to a carrier, we need as much support as possible, because if there's anything that the past war taught me, was the you should never underestimate your enemy." I said.
"Roger that." Said the solider.
"How many planes do we currently have at the airport?" I asked.
"250 operational, 50 are under repair." Said a solider.
"Okay here what I suggest, The 50 planes under repair leave them in a formation on the runway, in case an aerial raid were to occur we could fool the Japs to thinking that all our planes are here, yet there actually on the carriers." I said.
"It's a good plan, but what about the base?" Asked a Lieutenant.
"Well, I'm not sure if current defenses will hold off an aerial attack." I said.
"Understood." Said the Lieutenant.
"Okay people, lets get those planes on the carriers, LETS GO!" I shouted.
"YES SIR!" Replied a whole team of soldiers.

May 4, 0500 (5:00AM)
Guam

"I'm so nervous, every time I think about the Japs, I just think they'll come out of the blue and just unleash all hell on us." I thought, still trying to wake up.
"All the planes are on the aircraft carrier U.S.S Montana, one of, if not the largest aircraft carrier of the 1940's and 50's." I thought.
I got off from bed and went to take a shower.
Then, I got in my military uniform.
I went to exit the living quarters, when I am joined by James.
"Hey, Evan, I know this might be hard for you, going back to another war." Said James.
"It's fine." I said.
"Get the crew and get on the ship, I will join you in a few minutes." I said.
"Yes sir." Said James, he then went back inside the living quarters to get the rest of the crew.
I went over to the airport, to see what had been done.
The 50 planes were lined up side by side next to the runway, and I just stared at them.
All the planes were F4U Corsairs.

"Such a shame that these planes will most likely be destroyed

"Such a shame that these planes will most likely be destroyed." I said, staring at the planes.
I noticed a the sky starting to brighten, and I just stood there admiring the planes.
"They really are something, aren't they?" Said a voice next to me. It was Jess.
"Oh Jess, what are you doing here?" I asked.
"Well, I wanted to see you." She said.
"Oh, what for?" I said.
"Well, I wanted to see you." She said.
"Ok." I said, I felt my body starting to warm up.
I sat down on a makeshift chair, and Jess sat next to me.
Most soldiers were still asleep, very little were awake, so the airport was basically empty, when normally it would be full of soldiers.
We stayed together watching the first bits of light break through the horizon.
"You know Evan, I know I might've never said this to you personally or maybe shown it, but... I have feelings for you." Said Jess.
I stayed silent thinking about how to react, I was surprised, yet, I felt the same.
"Really?" I said, unsure.
She giggled a bit.
"Evan we've been in the same place for more than 6 months." She said.
"Huh, I guess we have." I said.
"I would like to get to know you better, once this all ends and we return home, I want you to come over to my house." She said, looking at me.
I never noticed how blue her eyes were, it felt like I was looking at the sky.
"S-Sure." I said, blushing a bit.
She giggled.
"Come on Captain, already blushing?" She said, smiling at me.
"Y-Y, it's been a long time since I've had a girl tell me that she has feelings for me, let alone a girl as pretty as you." I said, with a low voice.
She looked at me, with those blue eyes, God those blue eyes.
"Anyways, I've got to go prepare the guns for the ship, see you later, Evan." She said, and planted a light kiss on my cheek.
I've got to admit, I've never felt this hot inside.
I stood still in the chair, looking at the far mountain in the horizon as the sky turned orange.
I looked at my watch which read 5:50AM.
"Wow time sure did fly." I thought.
I stood back up and went back to the port to go on the ship.
On my way back to the ship I see a solider running incredibly fast towards me.
I stoped him.
"Woah Solider, whats the rush?"
"We have received a message from a guard ship, they said they spotted japanese planes incoming!!"
"WHAT?!" I shouted.
I felt my heart drop and my mind raced so fast, it felt like it was going to burn up.
"SOUND THE ALARM, WARN EVERYONE!" I shouted.
"YES SIR!" Said the solider as he ran back to HQ to sound the alarm.
I ran as fast as I possibly could towards the ship.
I got on it and went up to the bridge, the whole crew was there, talking to each, clearly they were unaware of the situation.
"Oh, hey Evan." Said James.
"GET THE SHIP OUT OF HERE NOW, WE HAVE AN INCOMING AIR RAID!!" I shouted.
"OH SHIT!" Said James.
SET ENGINES TO FULL FOWARD, GET US OUT OF HERE!!" I shouted.
"I'M TRYING SIR!" Said James.
I heard the ships engines rev up.
Then the air raid alarm went off.
Everyone immediately started running towards ships, grabbing guns, flying planes.
Our ship, the carrier, Midway, and a few other ships made it out of port in the next 3 minutes, and then we heard a sound that made us all freeze.
It sounded like a planes engine, except, it wasn't American...