More Than Friends

Kagome sat silently at the bottom of the well at her family shrine, begging for the well to send her to the feudal era and her friends which she missed so much. It was her 19th birthday and it had been months since she'd been forced to leave the feudal era for good. Wishing the shikon no tama away meant that she wouldn't be able to return to the feudal era once she returned to her time. After all of her friends had coupled off she had realized that she didn't belong to the feudal era. Kagome thought about the day she had told her friends goodbye.

Flashback*

        Kagome stared down into the bone eater's well for a long moment before she turned to face her friends.

       "Kagome, are you sure you have to go," Shippo whined as he jumped up and hugged her around the neck.

        "Let's face it Shippo, I don't belong to this time. I need to go home and live my life the way I would have if I had never come here."

        "We'll miss you terribly Kagome," Sango cried as she wrapped her arms around both Kagome and Shippo. "I'll always think of you as my sister." Miroku pried Sango's arms away from Kagome's neck and held his fiancé's sobbing form as she held a sobbing Shippo.

        "Who knows Kagome, maybe 700 years from now you'll meet our descendants. We'll be sure to pass on stories of you." Miroku gave her a soft smile before he led a sobbing Sango and Shippo back to Kaede's village. Kagome felt the tears start to slide down her face as she turned to her dearest friend and the woman she had been reincarnated from. Kikyo approached her first, taking hold of both Kagome's hands in her own.

        "Thank you Kagome, for giving me the gift of a life with the man I love. If it turns out that I continue to be undead I will be sure to find you in the future. I am forever in your debt for what you have done for me." Kikyo gave her hands a tight squeeze before she released Kagome's hands. "I'll allow the two of you to be alone." Kikyo gave Kagome a sad little smile before she turn and floated away in the way she always had. When Kagome looked to Inuyasha he was halfheartedly kicking the dirt and refusing to look at her.

       "Are you going to say your goodbyes Inuyasha?"

        "Peh, It is not goodbye. I have every intention of finding you in the future. Surely you don't think I'll be killed that easily." Kagome laughed bitterly at his words.

       "No, of course not Inuyasha." He smirked before pulling the girl into a tight hug.

       "You better take care, Kagome. I mean it. I will find you." When Inuyasha released her, Kagome slowly turned and sat on the edge of the well taking a deep breath before she left behind the feudal era for good.

End Flashback*

        Kagome missed her friends terribly. She had quickly discovered that she no longer felt like she fit in the fast paced modern world. Her friends had abandoned her. Trying to interest herself in her college studies for her future career was becoming a more and more difficult battle.

       "Kagome, there's someone here to see you!" The girls from my high school haven't spoken to me since graduation. I wonder who it could be, Kagome thought as she climbed out of the well and dusted herself off. She looked back at the well for a second longer before she forced herself to run to the front gates of the shrine. When she saw the person standing there she stopped and found herself staring. The man standing before her had her head spinning in confusion. He had long silver hair and golden brown eyes and he was wearing a t-shirt and jeans. The longer Kagome stood and stared at him the more he resembled a much older, less boyish looking Inuyasha without ears.