2.08(Part 2)

Chapter 8: The Favor. (Part 2)

Dale

"You have reached Greg Santos—." I hung the phone up and couldnt believe he stood me up. He had been texting me nonstop about this meeting to help confront my real issues and why I dove deep into the drug pond and isnt here. I looked down at my apple watch and it was 8:47. I can still make it to West Oaks for the Lake party. Might have missed the Owl flying high, but who goes for that anyway.

Suddenly, my phone started vibrating. It was Greg. I quickly answered and snapped, "Where the fuck are you? I have been callin—."

"Get out the car." He told me. I opened the car door and stepped out. I closed it back and he stated, "about 200 feet to your left is a rocky path. Follow it all the way down until you see a barn. And come on in."

"What type of cannibal ass shit are you into?" I joked as I started walking.

"You would love for me to eat you off the bone, huh?" He told me as I faked laughed. I rolled my eyes and he stated, "Do you really need me to stay on the phone?"

"Yes! I dont know where am I. Please, stay on the phone." I told him as he laughed, "Not mister fat mouth is scared. Who would have thought that?" I didnt reply I found the rocky path and then moment laters came up on a barn. I hung up and slid my phone in my pocket. I slid the large door opened and seen hay all over the floor as I closed it back. Greg came around the corner in just some jeans. He had tattoos all over his chest and hair all wild. He looked like he was working out. He walked over and locked the door back. He motioned for me to follow.

"You know regular people go to the gym to work out...not some creepy ass barn." I told him as I looked around and seen no other people.

"Very funny, Dale. But My family owns this land and a house is like 500 more feet down the road. I just figured to scare you by bringing you here." He told me. He stared over at me and said, "Well take a seat." He plopped down in the hay and I followed. I sat indian style and asked, "Where is everyone else at? You told me it was a meeting?"

"Yeah. You, I and what haunts you." He said and I laughed.

"As I said before Richie isnt a ghost. Richie is very much alive." I told him.

"I know you did, but its something of another world that made you need to numb the pain. What did you do personally last year? When we met in that cell I got the sense of not a bad aura, but a damaged one." He told me and I laughed, "What are you? Some type of witch."

"We all believe in what we want, but my faith isnt in question. Now tell me what happened?" He asked and with a serious face. I was scared but intrigued. He does walk around in black all the damn time. I mean I aint all religious, but this some creepy shit.

"Uhh—it all started when my old roommate supposedly fucking died—."

"I know all of that. That was plastered all around the news. You did something—." He told me and I exhaled. He reached across and grabbed my hands and held them tight.

"I date raped my step-brother. I know that makes me feel like shit so no need to judge. And then my boyfriend died, Jesse, at the hands of a pyscho ass bitch revenging the death of her late boyfriend. And it turns out Richie was her son all along and I should have been peeped that he told me long ago that his mom worked on campus and he went to Tall Oaks tuition free. It—."

"Jesse." Greg stated.

"What about Jesse?" He asked.

"He died. Shot, point blank. And I kind of just moved on quick to try to bury it all. And—and." He suddenly grabbed my face and I shot my eyes opened. Greg eyes was wide open and his mouth was open wide. I heard a familiar voice leaving his mouth. It wasnt Greg's. It was Jesse.