Chapter 5

cake, I would want to join that club.  We should also talk about our costumes.”

            “Costumes?” 

            I probably should have walked away right there, but those hands.  What could I do?

Two hours later

            “Thanks for the costumes,” Adrianna yelled, walking out of the costume shop.  You could tell she was happy – there was a twinkle in her eye and a skip in her step.  Or at least there was until she noticed I was still there.  “Oh!  You’re still here.”

            “Yea…don’t…worry about it.” I’ve just been here the whole time!

            “I won’t.  So how about these awesome disguises?!?”

            “Umm, you mean costumes right?  You got the vampire fairy and you made me get the cow with utters…”

            “That’s right.  We’ll be going under cover tonight.  Our first order of business is new members – four…no more…no less…got it?”

            “How are we going to do that in these,” Matthew sighed with hesitation.  Do I really want to know?

            “DO I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU?!?!  Cows are white with black spots.  Milk is white and black holes are you know, BLACK.  Therefore, the cow is the ultimate symbol to recruit our new members.”

            “What does milk have to do