3.6

We were lying in a daze, my body melted naked against the bedsheets and the warmth of his skin. With the tip of my finger I traced his hip, drawing patterns across the bare flesh and watching as goosebumps prickled up in a trail after my touch. With every sleepy breath his ribs rose and fell, fingers twitching where he'd left his hand laid over my stomach, and I couldn't close my eyes against the beautiful sight of him curled around me.

I'm glad I lived to feel this happy.

2D shifted, pulling me closer even as he opened one half-lidded black eye, grinning dopily when he saw me watching him.

"Whatcha lookin' at?" He asked in a tease, languidly reaching out to place his hand over my eyes, "It's rude ta stare."

"I wasn't staring!" I protested with a laugh, pushing his hand away and then holding it warm in mine as I added, "I was admiring."

2D looked flustered, smiling wide even as he fidgeted at my blatant adoration. I smirked at how suddenly shy he seemed, about to point out that we'd gone a little too far now for self preservation when a sound stopped me in my tracks.

The rumbling of the elevator moving down the empty shaft to the B2 floor, followed by the soft bell announcing it's arrival. It rang out across the silent space like the heralding of a wrathful god.

I'm naked.

In vulnerable panic I ripped the blanket out from where it was tangled between 2D and I, the force causing the blue-haired man to be flung off the edge of the bed. He landed with a loud thud of lanky legs and arms, letting out an explosive "oof!", and I gasped out in mortified apology. I sat up to help him off the floor just as the lift doors clunked open to reveal the cyborg Noodle standing motionless within the interior and Murdoc striding out past her, nasally voice projecting out into the room before he even entered it.

"Oi, face-ache! I need that final song finished by today, and all we're waiting on is -" He cut off abruptly as he registered the scene he was walking in on; me holding the rumpled blanket up to myself and leaning down to offer a hand to 2D, stark naked and groaning on the floor. Murdoc's eyes narrowed for just a moment, a split second in time where I could see the light die in his eyes, before his face seemed to reset itself, going cold and mocking as he sneered, "Well well, isn't this just adorable."

2D finally took my offered hand, and I strained hard with what little muscle I had to pull the gangly man to his feet. Without acknowledging Murdoc, he pulled on a pair of briefs he had picked up off the floor, before turning to finally face his bandmate with his expression set in a mask of lazy nonchalance.

"Ever fought about knockin'?" The blue-haired man drawled, standing with his shoulders rounded defensively and bare skin glowing pale in the fluorescent light.

From Murdoc there was no response as he merely crossed his arms, mouth curving into a cruel smirk as he looked between the two of us with the same keen interest of a spider towards trapped flies. I frowned, wrapping the blanket tighter around myself as I stood up from the bed to stand beside 2D, my skin prickling with an uncomfortable agitation I couldn't quite place.

It's the calm before the storm.

2D was heedless of the animosity fizzing like static in the air as he scowled at the green-skinned man from across the room, jaw set in defiance.