Chapter 11

Aaleeyah Petty

Today is Friday, and y'all know what that means. If not, it means today is the day that I go on my date with Markus. He said that I can choose wherever I wanted to go so I chose the carnival. I loved the carnival since I was a little girl, it's an amazing place filled with good food, cool rides and, amazing prizes. I remember Bryshere and I would go on all the rides together and just have a ball. Our moms would just sit on the bench and just talk while watching us.

Flashback

"Aaleeyah hurry up so we can go to the carnival." Aaleeyah's mom called from downstairs as she put her things in her purse. Aaleeyah was quickly cleaning her room like her mother told her to, simply because she was playing with her toys earlier in the day and she didn't put them back in her toy box. Once she was finished she ran downstairs and into the living room where her mother was waiting for her on the couch. "You ready to go?" Her mother asked. "Yes mommy." She smiled brightly. "Alright let's go." Her mother said walking towards the front door. Throughout the car ride all Aaleeyah could do was smile knowing who she was going to see at the carnival. Finally arriving at their destination Aaleeyah and her mom walked hand in hand towards the booth to get their wristbands. "Hey girl we here where y'all at?" Leeyah's mother said through her phone. "Alright we about to walk up there now. Ok bye." She said before hanging up. The two started walking towards the little game booths. Aaleeyah looked around at all the games, until her eyes stopped on a game booth that she loved. "Mommy can I play this game?" She asked pointing at the booth. "Yea." Her mother answered. Aaleeyah ran towards the booth, she stood on her tippy toes trying to look over the table simply because she was so short. This game booth was called "Guess That ducky." Basically this game has a total of 20 rubber ducks with numbers from 1-20 written underneath them floating around in this water maze. The person at the booth will pick a random number and you have to guess which duck that is, if you get it wrong you get nothing, if you get it right you get a small prize. "Hello little girl would you like to play guess that ducky?" The guy in the booth asked. "Yes please." Aaleeyah said. "Ok you have to find ducky number 15." The man said. Aaleeyah grabbed any duck and flipped it over to see the number 15. "Looks like you won little lady great job and here's your prize." The man said. He gave her a keychain with a rubber duck hanging from it. "Thank you." She said taking her prize. "Good job baby." Leeyah's mom said giving her a high five. "Leeyah." Someone shouted behind her. Aaleeyah turned around to see her one and only best friend running towards her with his arms out. "Puddin!" She yelled running towards him. Leeyah jumped into Bryshere's arms hugging him tight. Bryshere was wearing black jeans, white t-shirt that says "Nope", black hoodie, and black and white retro 11. Aaleeyah wore black jeans, yellow t-shirt, a black hoodie, and black and yellow Nike air forces. Her hair was in a neat curly half up half down hairstyle. "Hey mommy." Bryshere said and hugged Leeyah's mom. "Hey son." She smiled hugging him back. Aaleeyah did the same to his mom. "You ready?" He asked. "Of course." She answered. Aaleeyah and Bryshere ran around the carnival with excitement all over their faces.

It was now 8:01 pm and dark outside meaning Aaleeyah and Bryshere have to say their goodbyes. "Can we please play for a few more minutes?" Leeyah asked her mom. "No leeyah we have to go home it's time for you to go to bed." Her mom said. "Y'all gone see each other tomorrow at the park." Bryshere's mom smiled. "Yay!" Both the kids yelled. "Bry give leeyah and Aleisha a hug so we can leave." Bryshere's mom said. "Bye Aleisha. Bye leeyah, see y'all tomorrow." He said hugging them as they did the same to him and his mom. He grabbed his moms hand again and they walked towards their car. Aaleeyah and her mom get in their car and drive home.