The Big Day

Chapter 2

“WAKE UP WAKE UP!” my dad shook me awake before my eyes flutterd open.

“Its your big day!” I shot up out of my bed

.The audition was at 10:00 and it was 8:30 and it took half an hour to get there. It gave me just enough time to get ready. I pulled out a white plain, flowy top and denim shorts that had crosses on the back pockets. I put my black high top converes to match. I went into the bathroom to blow dry my hair to give it a little volume. I wore it down and parted it to the side a little. I looked in the mirror, pleased with my look. I smiled to myself.

“Come on come on!” my dad yelled

“Breakfast and then straight into the car!”

I had an apple and jumped in. This is it. If I did good in this audition, it would be a dream come true. Kealy and I always dreamed of acting on the Walking Dead… but then the bad thoughts slipped into my mind. You probably wont get it, there are other girls out there, way better looking then you. I looked down at that thought, and kept reading my lines.

“Where here!” my dad yelled.

My stomach caved in as it was filled with butterflies.

“I think im gonna be sick” I said.

“just relax, you will do great.” I smiled at his kind words and walked inside.

There was a lady at the front desk.

“name?” she asked

“Gracie Rose” I replied.

“Role?” she said in a rather unpleasant voice.

“The role of Emma Dixon for the Walking Dead.” My belly sank as I said that.

“Please take a seat.”

I walked to the waiting room, and looked at the other girls that were trying out. They were all wearing really short skirts and tops so there belly is visible. They were dressed like little whores. I laughed to myself and took a seat. My palms were sweaty as I watched girls walking in and out of the auditioning room. I couldn’t hear what was going on inside. Until I heard my name being called. “Gracie Rose? I nodded to the man and followed him inside. I saw a black room with a mini stage. There was one seat surrounded by a big camera and some people. I guess there desiding if I will get the part or not. I took a deep breath and sat on the chair.

“hey good luck” I heard my dad call outside the doors before it closed.

“okay missy, just look at the big camera and tell us your character and what you like do in you spare time. I sat up confidently and looked at the camera." I smiled and began

“Hi! My name is Gracie. I love to act. I was in acting classes for 6 years. I love my sport and I love the walking dead, and it would be a honour to act on the show.”

I smiled at what I had said. I didn’t make any mistakes. “That was good now read some of your lines of the script, page 12. I flicked to the page and started to read.

“Please Carl! Don't leave me… your all I have left. My mum is gone, HECK EVRERYONES GONE! You’re my only friend! Now if u walk out that door… I have no one…. "

No one. A tear rolled down my cheek. WHAT THE HELL? I thought to myself. Did I just fake cry? I normally can never do that.

“Wow great job! We will call you up tomorrow.” I smiled at the man and walked out the doors.

“So how did you go?” dad asked.

“I think I went pretty good” We walked to the car, and I was holding my phone in my hands, this call means life or death for me."

When we reached home, all i wanted to do was rush to my room.

“How did you go hun? My mum asked uneasy. "I think I did ok." i rushed my sentence out and ran to my room. I immedietly picked up my phone and called kealy.

*Phone Call*

“Hey I just got back from auditions!” 

“how did you go?” she asked

“Well I think I did ok accualy? I fake cried and I didn’t even mean to?”

“I think your gonna get it” she said

“No way! You should of seen how many girls there were”

“yeh but still im your best friend I'm supposed to say this shit”

I just laughed at her joke.

“ill see you later, wuv chewww!” I said

“wuv ya too mate pass on the aussie language to tha americans Okaaaay?

“whateva ya say mate.”

Hey guys so my second chapter? Let me know what you think of it in the comments, it would mean alot. I'm new to all this so help me out okay?