Chapter 4

"So this is permanent?" You say as you run a hand over the black sword mark that was on your forearm.

"Yes - unless we betray each other," Namjoon said as the group continued walking towards a nearby village.

It had been 2 days since the bond between you and the boys had been made. You decided to wait till all the boys had calmed down from the events of that night before asking about the symbol that was now permanently on your arm. Those 2 days were full of painful battle training and increasing stats.

"So what exactly is it for?" You ask as you look over at the other boys feeling sorry for pestering only Namjoon about the mark.

"It's kinda like something to say 'back off, we are powerful'" Taehyung said as he turned to face you as he walked backwards.

"No it's not. It's something that makes us more powerful yes, and can also be a symbol of strength but it's actual purpose is for a power, which we don't know how to activate, and to alert us of your location and your stats state when you're in danger," Yoongi said.

"I thought you already get an alert when I'm in danger though," you question on.

"We do," Jungkook says as he slows down so he can walk beside you, "but that has a range to it and can be affected by other cards, this does not."

"Right... I think I get it now."

You smile to the boys who smile in return.

It was a good day in Trimia. Apparently the weather is at its optimal settings so the sun is out and shining with a slight breeze. It's kind of fascinating how the game master managed to make all of this possible with how realistic every little detail of this game is.

You honestly would have gave this game a 10/10 for its graphics, it's realistic physics and no lag - if it weren't a trap that is.

As you were walking through The Miners Fields, an open grass plain between the forest and the village you were heading to, the sky suddenly flashed red and stayed red. The sudden red glow the world had had caused the group to come to a stop.

"What's going on?" You question as you step closer to the boys.

Your question, however, was quickly answered as a massive screen appeared in the sky. On the screen was a face of a player and underneath it was a name and a number. And a cause of death.

Your eyes widened at the name that you had heard at the meeting. You remember seeing them as well and you remembered them as they were one of the louder ones.

Jackson Wang
257 days in game
Death by player

. . .

At that moment, you realised just how dangerous this death game is.

The red sky and screen began to fade and return to its normal blue colour. You stood staring at where the name was as fear finally sunk into you. Your body began to shake and tremble.

This was reality now.

You are trapped.

And to escape you must become a murderer.

You didn't want to kill others.

There must be another way out...

"тнєяє ιѕ"

At the sudden voice you turned around trying to find where it come from. The boys looked at you seeing the fear in your eyes. A dark mass seemed to replace your iris changing the colour from (eye color) to charcoal black.