Chapter 14

56 led the group up the stairs, giving a small tour of the rooms they passed through on the way. The house was modern and clean, and displayed around the house were the prizes 56 had won from beating bosses and many dungeons.

The houses hallways seem to be endless as they began to travel further into the mountain the house was built on.

Your cards surrounded you in a casual protective circle, their positioning secretly placed by Namjoon just in case there were any hidden traps 56 had set up. You had no idea of this secret protective circle Namjoon had organised as the boys were spread out enough to not seem suspicious.

Jungkook always stood close by to you, his hand every now and then giving yours a light squeeze as you walked side by side, hand in hand. Yoongi was leading behind 56, Chaelin off to his side. Taehyung was off to the left, a few paces ahead of you but not at the front. On a diagonal from Taehyung, behind Jungkook, was Jimin and Jin, the two sharing a small conversation as they walked. Namjoon was behind everyone, observing every possible position a trap could be placed.

However, the boy's protective circle was soon lost as they entered a room that held the players that he had allied with.

"Look who finally decided to show up! Took you long enough," Hyuna exclaimed from her position on one of the couches, a blonde haired male cuddled up with her.

"It's good to see you two again. I hope you don't mind if I call you Y/n," Jisoo spoke out with a smile on her face, secretly sending a glare towards Hyuna at her slightly hostile tone.

A Male was stood leaning against one of the walls, his red suit showing off his well toned upper body. You remembered his name as Kai. When your eyes made contact he did a silent nod before looking away. You could see there was sadness in his eyes, and hope as he looked your way. You knew better than to pry for answers, but you wanted to ask why.

"Now that everyone's here! Let's start discussing the information I have found..." 56 started with a bright tone, but the second half of his sentence was more serious. He made his way to one of the three couches, the one that was empty and you were hoping to get for yourself and the boys.

Kai took a seat next to Hyuna and the blonde leaving you with the choice of Jisoo or 56. Your feet carried you towards the sweet looking girl, a fluffy bunny following behind you and claiming the seat between the two of you.

As soon as he saw everyone settled, 56 pulled out a small glowing cube. "System Request: Hide Room." The small cube began to float in his palm before spinning and letting out a light that covered the entire room.

"How did you get that? You can't control the system or you'll end up punished," Yoongi said as he eyed the Male.

"I didn't control it like she did. She forced the system to make commands, whereas I used 'System Request.' That way only works occasionally." 56 sent a glare at Yoongi before turning back to the players. "With this small device I have managed to locate the game masters tower. Unfortunately, it needs a certain card to even get near the buildings perime-"

"No!" Yoongi raised his voice as he knew what was going to happen. "She," he pointed towards you, "is not using that card to get you into that tower! If you get caught messing with the system- you don't want to be punished like Zi- like her..."

"But this is the only way out. No fighting, no killing. We get to go back to our lives! Our cards can finally remember who they are. Don't you want that Y/n?" 56 directed the last to you, and all you did was look at Yoongi who seemed to be fuming.

"I-I... I do..." you let your head fall down, slightly ashamed at yourself that you aren't listening to Yoongi.

"And you are the only one who can get us near and in to that tower. That Admin Card is our ticket in that place and out of this game without bloodshed or lives lost," 56 continued on, "it's not up to your cards whether you take part in this or not. It's up to you. You are their master, not the other way around. So I'll ask you: are you doing this or not?"

Your head automatically turned to Yoongi, however 56's words seemed to affect you more than you thought as you quickly turned away before Yoongi could even tell you to say no. In the few minutes of silence, your mind was running through everything. You weren't dumb enough to just sign your life away in a second, all you needed was to evaluate first.

And breathe.

You took a deep breath before looking 56 dead in the eye, confidently asking, "I need the plan first. What exactly do you plan on doing when you get in?"

"Well..." 56 paused, slightly taken back at your confidence, then scrolled through his inventory. He pressed on an item and a map appeared on the small coffee table in the centre of the couches.

A 3D layout of the building they were planning on escaping through appeared and 56 began to guide everyone through his plan.

He began by saying how they would have to pass through security gates and saying how they need to get to an object named the orb. It's location was at the top of the building in a large control room. He showed the route he had planned and where the guard bots were stationed. Every detail, every possible situation, every possible hiccup had been identified and marked. A new plan drawn for if one of those hiccups ever took place.

Once he had completed his explanation he sat back awaiting an answer. The 3D building fizzled away into the air, the item it was held in flying back into 56's inventory.

Yoongi quickly took the small break, after 56 had finished, to speak about how this plan was bound to go wrong. And how you should not go. He began to speak, "Y/n. This is dangerous. You are not-"

"I'm in."

At your words your cards eyes widened, Jungkook giving your hand a gentle squeeze. Their minds began to worry. Usually, if Yoongi knew a plan was bad, they knew it would never end well. And you would have usually listened to his decision. But 56 had somehow turned your head away from Yoongi, from her cards.

"CL?" 56 turned to Chaelin.

"Although I definitely agree with Yoongi, I owe this girl my life so I guess I'm in as well," Chaelin spoke as she glanced to Yoongi then to you.

"Good." 56 then stood. "You're welcome to use one of the spare rooms, I'll have one of my cards guide you there. All of you better get rest and the training room is open. We'll set off in a weeks time so get comfy here." He then swiped out one of his cards, a teen boy spawning from it. "Daehyun, take CL And Y/n to one of the rooms. I'll see you all later." With that he left the room.

Soon after the other players followed, leaving you, Chaelin and your cards with Daehyun. The small boy gave you all a smile before guiding you to your rooms.

You knew you were in for a lot of shouting when you got to your room. You knew that from your decisions, you had began playing with fire and someone was going to get burned. Whether it be you or one of them.

• • •

[System Check: Player #0006 Status - Unstable]

[System beginning PSR]

[Player #0006 Reset]

- - -

Words 1334          27/12/18