Chapter 18

The room was silent, apart from the occasional bang of the scavengers and monster charging at the door. Jisoo was still recovering from what she had just witnessed only a few minutes before. 56 was over by another door on the other side of the Systems room.

"How long will the door hold?" Kai questioned watching the said object shake every time something hit the other side.

"Until the door gives out," 56 replied whilst looking at a panel next to the other door.

You were waiting for 56 to open the way through to the next area. And from there the Control room was only a corridor away...

"We're sitting ducks if we wait any longer," Chaelin stated noticing the dent growing on the door.

"Don't rush me, or this thing might lock completely then we are definitely dead," 56 replied through gritted teeth, starting to become annoyed at the people around him.

His hands moved as fast as he could without messing up. The blue panel he was typing on seemed too confusing for you to understand, the rows and rows of code seeming like just letters and numbers. To keep yourself occupied and to try and help ease the growing worry in your mind, you headed to Jisoo.

Jisoo was sat to the edge of the room, leant against a wall for stability. Her face was as pale as a ghost, her body physically shaking as she tried to calm herself. When you entered her peripheral vision, her eyes snapped to you.

"Is she really gone?" Jisoo questioned, her voice less cheerful and more quiet. Obviously she was referring to Hyuna. You slowly nodded your head, unsure of how she would further react.

Jisoo took a deep breath, eyes closed as she pushed herself to stand. She exhaled. Her voice was shaky as she let herself come to terms with the game.

"We'll survive right?" Jisoo questioned as she carefully let go of the wall, her hands slowly pulling away as she stood free of support. She looked over to you to see you struggling to reply. There is no guarantee in survival.

"We can try," was all that left your lips. You wished you could have tried to be more comforting but at that moment, that was all you could muster. Maybe you should have stayed with the others.

Jisoo let out another sigh. "I just want this to be over. I don't want to be here anymore..." her tone was melancholy, as she glanced around at the room they were currently stuck in. "Maybe if-"

A crash hit against the door, cutting off Jisoo, a small gap opening through the dented metal.

It went silent.

Seconds later a loud screech was heard and mechanical claws began scratching at gaps, gradually pushing the door open. It was almost like a scene out of a horror film, the metal beasts blindly reaching into the room in an attempt to attack anything.

Jisoo and yourself quickly gathered to the others who had taken a fighting stance near 56. This could only go badly. The second door wasn't even remotely close to being opened and in seconds those things were going to come bounding in for blood.

"Prepare for a fight guys," 56 announced, "keep them off me whilst I do this."

For the first time today, everyone's cards had come out of their holders, 3 standing besides each other. For your cards, Yoongi, Jimin and Jungkook had taken to your side. One of Jisoo's and one of Chaelin's were a support card, whilst Kai had ranged cards. 56 had pulled out a shield card to protect him, with an assassin and tank helping on the frontlines.

Within seconds a loud rumble seemed to build before bursting through the door. The mechanical beast from before bounded into the room, it's thin metal legs scuttling into the room with great speed. From its mouth oil-saliva dripped from its jaws.