Chapter 1: Brent...

How It All Started...

     It was during September.

    I think it was on the seventeenth…

    That’s where it all started.

    Believe it or not, my life was the complete opposite of what it is now.

    You may have heard some stories

     But it is not compared to the real thing

     I, Nicole Watson, lived the real thing

     Don’t believe me?

     Let me show you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    “He did what?!” I yelled through the phone. I was on the phone with Emma, my best friend, and she just told me the unexplained story of how my boyfriend, Brent, was in fact cheating on me. Yes, Brent, the “love of my life”, the “one and only”, and even the “perfect match” cheated on me… with Kelly Smith. Kelly Smith is a senior (so am I) when she’s supposed to be a freshman… in College. Yes, I said it, the “perfect” Kelly Smith got held back. Worst of all, it wasn’t in the first year of Kindergarten, it was freshman year.

     Kelly fucking Smith.

    Why her? Out of all people, why her? Was I really that bad…? No. I refuse to believe that he is happy with her. He was happy with me. Nicole Watson. His Girlfriend!

     “I’m sorry; Nikki, but Charlie found them in the Library…”

     “So,” I began. Maybe they were studying… or needed a quiet place to talk?

    “They were by the History text books…” My mouth instantly flew open. Everyone knows what being by the HTB really means…

    “They were hooking up?!”

    “I’m sorry-“

     “Did he even see them?” I asked, there was no way he would go this far. I loved Brent. Well, I thought I loved Brent, and I thought he loved me too. No, I still love Brent. If course I do… but… History text books… really?

      “He didn’t have to.”

    “What does that mean?” I sat criss-crossed on my weirdly small full sized bed. I was sitting here earlier browsing on Netflix for a good show to become hooked on. But then Emma called me, and I haven’t even concentrated back onto my television or my freshly made popcorn since.

     “…he played…”

      “Played what?” I asked, hesitantly. I had a feeling I knew what she meant. I just wanted her to confirm. Would Brent really do that to me?

    “Promise,” she answered, and I gasped.

    He didn’t.

    He wouldn’t.

    Would he?

    “No…”

    “Nikki, I’m so sorry-“

    “And he lost?” I interrupted. Who was I kidding, of course he lost? People that play Promise, always lose.

     “Yeah… he did. But, Nikki you deserve better. It’s his loss, he’s such an asshole.” I didn’t like what Emma was saying about him. I know it’s silly but… no matter what he did I still cared for him. But I want him to feel the pain he’s caused me. Just yesterday, I went on a picnic with Brent… he was holding my hand and telling me how much he loved me. But that was all a lie. We were a lie. He was lying to my face!

    “Nikki?” Emma asked, after a few seconds.

    “I’m still here,” I whispered. I put my face in my hands and sighed. No matter what he did I still loved him. I hated that.

    “What are you going to do?” Emma asked.

    I knew exactly what I was going to do.

    I’m going to hurt him the way he hurt me.

     Exactly how he hurt me.

    “I’m going to play,”

    “What?!” She practically screamed through the phone. I knew what she was thinking. I know it’s a stupid idea. But… how else? How else is he going to feel everything he put me through?

     “I’m going to play Promise.”

    “Nicole-“

    “I got to go, bye.” I said, and hung up. Playing Promise may not be the smartest, or the best idea I’ve ever come up with. But it may be the most unpredictable.

    You see, Promise is a game of love. You pick a name out of a bowl, and whoever you chose… you have to be with for the next two months. You have to go on dates with them, call them (or see them) every single day, and at least spend an hour together, hold hands, maybe even kiss them! All for two whole months… it’s all for money of course. You put all the money together, and make a promise that you will not fall in love with that person. Of course, everyone loses in the end. But, if you win you take home all the cash. Not only that, but I will have bitter sweet revenge. So, yes… I’m going to play Promise. Problem? I’ll find out soon enough.

 NOT A GOOD BEGINNING BUT I NEEDED TO GET THE STORY INTRODUCED SO YAH! I hope you like it! Don't worry, I will also be updating my other story (This is Now) but I finished writing this is now, so I just have to Copy and Paste it onto Wattpad, so I thought I'd write another. (Yes, Luke Hemmings is in it!)

Bye!

"I Promise" {ON HOLD}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें