Chapter 4: The Unforgotten Nightmare

Luke’s bright eyes were staring at me, I could feel it. I looked at him and his eyes directed to the mirror once more. I giggled and sat up, bringing the pillow along with me. It was 7:30 in the morning, and worst of all: It was Monday. Which meant that I had to meet Charlie downtown for coffee, before my classes started. I squeezed the pillow and felt him staring at me again.

    “Luke, I know you’re staring at me,” I stated and his lips curved up into a perfect smile. His tongue quickly slid across his lips as he looked back into the mirror and tilted his head slightly.

     “I did no such thing,” he said, diverting his gaze to his bow tie. He’s been trying to tie that thing for the past five minutes, and the only thing he’s mastered is a frustrated grunt.

    “Hey, c’mon here, let me try.” I said, pulling my arms out, for him to come to me.

    “No, I got it,” he tried once more and the tie came loose, almost falling from his neck. He grunted again and rolled his piercing blue eyes.

     “Luke, get over here.” I protested. He sighed as he slowly made his way over to me. I tugged his tie closer to me by pulling the ends, and he laughs and puts his hands by either side of my waist on the mattress. I saw him looking at me and I tied it for him. I made sure I messed up at least once to make him feel slightly better, and he groaned. “At least I know how to tie a tie,” I stated, and he kissed my forehead.

    “Thank you, babe,” he brought his hand to my chin and gently lifted it, so my eyes met his. I saw his hand reach the tie around his neck, as he pulled slowly. The tie unraveled and I smacked his arm playfully.

    “Luke!”                                             

    “Seems like you’ll just have to do it again,” he offered, and I brought him closer again and tried to concentrate on tying it as he was gently kissing my neck.

     “Done,” I sat, and gently put my hands on his chest pushing him off. “Now go, you’ve already been late enough!”

     “Okay, Mum.” He said, and I rolled my eyes. I could practically hear his smile forming. He stood up, after kissing my forehead again, and started walking away.

     “Wait!” I called after him, and he turned around slowly looking at me with uncertainty. “Well, come here.” I stated the obvious and he made his way over to me. I sat up from the mattress and had the pillow I was holding onto fall to the floor slowly. I adjusted his tie, and made sure to take my time.

     “Now you’re done.” I said, and kissed his cheek softly.

    “Don’t tempt me, I have to leave.” He whined, and walked away, before looking at me one last time. “Love you,” He called out.

    “Love you too!” I said, as he closed the door behind him.

      I bolted awake and sat up in my bed.

      Ugh, these next two months are going to be hell.

-----------------------------------------------------------

     “Ha ha, you got Luke!” Emma teased; did she actually think this was funny? I mean just last night I had a nightmare, and it scared the shit out of me. But no, I was no longer… dreaming, I was going to live the real thing…