Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I don't know what's wrong with me.

How could I enjoy flying? That's angels work. Angles live in the air under powered of invisibility and kill stupid people like me.

An angel's purpose is to kill me and my own. That's what Papa said. They hate us because they were made by an evil man named Allah. The mortals of this world call him God mostly. He created angels because he was jealous of Papa. As young beings, papa was always better than Allah and so Allah cast him down into Hell. But Papa made Hell beautiful and had many children. Allah became jealous and made angels to kill us.

I am the sixth daughter of Satan, I am not allowed in the sky, period. If an angel had seen me up there I would have been dead in a second. It doesn't take long to rip a hole in a flimsy glider.

My life is too dangerous for Angelo to get involved in, but I can't let him go. I'm a selfish creature and I want him near me all the time.

For lunch Angelo took me to a small market. Carts of fresh fruit and pastries and vegetables were everywhere. It was amazing.

I picked an apple off of a cart, and started eating it. Angelo passed something to the vendor after I did. He kept doing that, it was the strangest thing. We would take something and then he would give the man or woman a piece of paper or some coins, and murmur something in a different language.

I knew what he was doing, he was paying for things. That was how the human world worked, but I have never needed to pay for anything. My siblings and I are gifted with a bit of mind control, if we desire we can erase the memory of a human. So we have never had to pay for anything. Not clothes, not shoes, not food that we didn't need to eat, everything was ours for the taking with a few words.

We were walking around the vendors when Angelo picked up a red and green fruit and held it out to me. "Try this, pajarita."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "What was that?"

He smirked, "it's a mango, it's good."

"No, what did you call me?" I smiled evilly and picked a tomato out of the vendor cart behind me.

He seemed to pick up on my grin, and he smiled back. "Pajarita, it means little bird."

"You think me small and fragile?" I jeered and readied the ripe tomato.

"What with you stumbling around all the time?" He grinned and took a fighting stance, a kiwi in his hand at the ready. "And you're so diminuta, tiny. So easily scooped up and carried away."

I chuckled, "I'm more dangerous that you think."

He smirked. "Try me."

I threw the tomato and it beaned him right in the face, exploding in red juice all over him. Then I ran behind a cart filled with dates.

As I slid around behind the cart the kiwi hit my shoulder with a splat! knocking me to the ground.

Oh it is on! I thought. And laughed as I grabbed a handful, of dates, narrowly being missed by a volley of grapes.

Crouching behind cover I looked for the next cart to hide behind. Twenty feet away was a cart of peaches. Angelo was nowhere in sight but I suspected him to be behind the strawberries.

I dashed out of cover and rolled for the peach cart but my feet tangled beneath me and I was caught in a barrage of strawberries.

I threw my dates and used the temporary reprieve to move behind the peach cart. Then I started pelting him with peaches that covered him in sticky orange juice. I had ducked down for cover, Angelo had moved to the kiwi cart again, but when I came back up he was gone. I searched the carts with my eyes, a ripe peach at the ready.