The Kiss

thomas pov

I sat down next to Dylan on his bed, terrified what might come out his mouth next. He was shaking. My poor baby.

"Dyl, you can tell me anything I'm here." He wouldn't look me in the eyes. I grabbed his hand but he yanked it away. "Dyl?"

His voice was shaky, "E-ever since I...w-we were together on the r-roof. I..." He began to sob into his hands. I didn't know what to say. "Dylan what is it?"

"Thomas I don't want to s-scare you," he continued to sob. I placed my hand on his back. "Dylan you can tell me anything, literally anything. I'm here."

"W-well I like someone," his breathing was heavy. Oh no. He likes someone else. My heart was broken. I tried to hold back my tears, "Oh...who is the lucky gal?"

"W-well actually it's um...a-a b-boy." My heart sank into my stomach. Dylan was gay. "Aw Dyl! Who is he?" I tried to hold myself together.

"It's you Tommy, it's always been you," he didn't look me in the eyes. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

This was my opportunity. I cupped his face in my hands and I pressed my lips against his. It was a long, soft kiss. As we pulled away I noticed we were both crying now.

"I love you Dylan."

"I love you too, Tommy."