08

"Get on me, I'll carry you home,"

The sentence had been running around her mind ever since yesterday, it was still too fresh in her mind, as if she could hear his voice saying the same sentence repeatedly. The scene of him carrying her on his back was glued to her mind, thought she'd wake up fresh to start the new day but, she certainly did not.

"Are you still cold?"

"No," she said weakly.

That was what she could remember, maybe they didn't have any further conversations after that, but she knew she could recognize and remember the sweet cologne that was clinging on him. Her left cheek was warmed up as she lied her side face on his back body, that was the first time they had ever been that close. Yet, she was too weak to realise the moments, rare moments of both of the long-term best friends.

Oh, maybe not just the scent, there was this memory in the corner of her mind as if she heard a soft humming coming from him. She knew he had a nice voice, but he never showed any of his singing skills to anyone, ever. It's a secret, he once said.

That familiar sound, familiar song, she knew she had heard it before. What was it?

"Hmmm~, hmmm~,"

"I got it!" she snapped her fingers.

It was Stay With Me all along, the official soundtrack of Eunbi's favourite drama, Goblin. He knew she loved the song, maybe it was a coincidence, or maybe it wasn't?

"Wait, why am I even thinking of whatever the hell happened last night?" she whispered down her breath, asking herself the unanswered question. She, too, wasn't sure why her mind could not stop repeating the memory of Jungkook giving her a piggy back home.

"It's not a big of a deal," she groaned, as she jumped out of bed to grab her breakfast.

...

It was ten in the morning, Jungkook was scrolling his phone looking for anything that would attract his attention. Too bad, nothing was interesting for him. Even the chatroom was quiet, nobody had a word to say, what a boring Sunday.

Sunday had always been boring, to make it even boring was that the next day was going to be Monday. There, his life will restart at the edge of a thread.

"I wonder how she's feeling," he thought, and in an instant he went over to Kakao to send her a message.

You:
eunbiiii
are you still alive?

He pressed send.

Again, the situation fell down to another silence. It was quiet all over again, his eyes wandered around his living room, there was nothing he could do. Though he had a home work to do, obviously that would be the last thing he ever wanted to touch. Let's just pretend it didn't exist.

Minutes passing by like a wind, he could not stop staring at his phone screen waiting for any notifications to pop up, who it would be from was the last thing he could care, all he wanted to do was something, whatever it would be.

Ting!

Faster than a thunder, he reached for his phone and saw a familiar name on the phone screen, replying to his text.

Jung Eunbing:
what do you mean
ofc i am duh

A grin was forming up on his lips, finally, someone wanted to talk to him, finally, he got something to do.

You:
well how would i know
you were half dead last night
how are you feeling now

Jung Eunbing:
i WAS half dead last night
you didnt even care about me ugh
im good

You:
excuse me
if i wasnt there last night you would be rotting alone in the quiet empty road

Jung Eunbing:
still
i've never been that close to you i am shocked thankz

You:
at least i helped okay
ungrateful ass

Jung Eunbing:
HAHA alright ok mr.jeon
thanks

You:
a superhero that is me ;)
did you sleep well last night?

Jung Eunbing:
ew
yes i did thankfully

You:
good!
i was worried if you would feel too uncomfortable to sleep soundly haha

Jung Eunbing:
um ok thanks for worrying

You:
SEE you never appreciated my concerns

Jung Eunbing:
I SAID THANKS DIDNT I
thank you my love :)

...

"Wow," a word slipping out of her mouth almost like a whisper, out of the blue.

"He's worried about me," she chuckled.

Wasn't sure what was the purpose of the chuckles, but it felt, kind of, flattering?

It was fresh, warm-hearted and flattering, she was somehow flattered over everything he was saying, and of course, what he was doing—last night.

Still, the memory could not leave her mind.

"What is wrong with me?" she asked herself.

——