Chapter Seventeen

"Oh my, God. This is awkward," I hiss as I slip out of Tobias' car.
"Oh, shush Tris. See? They are leaving," he says gesturing his hands towards the people walking away. How can he act so mellow about this?!
I let out a frustrated sigh. I hope no one I know saw... That. I would never hear the end of it.
"How can you act like it's nothing? Does this happen to you every day or something?!" I demand.
He just shrugs and looks away. This makes me angry. This probably has happened to him before!
I push his arm to get him to look at me. "So this has happened before?!"
"Well... No."
I narrow my eyes. "Tell me."
"Tris, it's best if you leave my past alone."
"Tell me."
"No," he says sternly. "It's in the past now, and it was at a different school so it doesn't matter." He turns away and starts walking up his front steps to his house.
"Are you kidding me?" I ask in disbelief. That's all he's going to say? Why am I getting so angry?
He stops in front of his house door and examines my face. His eyes narrow.
"You're jealous," he says with a tense laugh.
I cross my arms over my chest, "Am not!"
He takes a step down from his porch. "What? Can't stand the fact that I did it with another girl?" He says coldly. "Yeah. Well I did. The last school I was at, I met this girl named Ashley; she was so hot. One day we had it off in the school bathroom until some people found us. So yes, it did happen before."
I stand there with my mouth hanging open, utterly shocked. He is a player, and I fell into one of his traps.
"I... but, Tobias?" I ask quietly. To say I was hurt didn't even begin to describe what I was feeling. My heart broke; did he even love me? Or was I just one of 'his girls' being used. The thought left a bad taste in my mouth.
He shook his head with his eyes on the ground. He takes a few steps forward so there's just a few inches between us.
"And no. I'm not using you that way," he says looking up at me. It's almost like he could read mind. "I really do love you, Tris Prior."
He leans in and gently kisses my lips. He wraps his arms around my waist making me melt in his arms.
The thought that he picks me over all the girls he had makes me happy. But it stills bothers me that he's been with so many people.
I just hope he's mine; only mine.
-------------
Sorry it's short! But OMG! Thanks so much for 1k views! I love the comments and votes(: You guys are awesome!
I will be updating more often, I don't have anymore school! Yay summer!
Have a great day!(: