Chapter TwentyThree

I walk through the school entrance on Monday and sigh.
I'm so not ready for school today.
When Caleb came home yesterday, after he stormed out of the house, he said he didn't go tell Tobias what I did. He said he just went for a drive to let out some steam, and that it was my job to tell him.
When he told me that I was some what relived but also terrified. I'm happy he didn't tell Tobias what happened, but now that means I have to tell him what Peter and I did. Just kill me already?
I trudge over to my locker and fumble around with the combination. 6-4-19...
"Hey Trissyyyy!" Christina greets, running up to me.
"Christina!" I hiss. "Shush!"
She gives me a what's-up-your-ass-today? look.
I sigh and rest my forehead against my locker.
"I'm-I'm sorry. I'm just not looking forward to today..." I say quietly.
All Christina knows is that Peter likes me. But what she doesn't know is I kissed him. Oh boy.
A concerning look now covers her face. I let out another sigh and rub my face with my hands.
"What's wrong? Did something happen?" She asks, leaning closer so people around us won't hear.
I shake my head and pick my head up from my locker.
"Here, follow me." I whisper to her. I take her arm and lead her over to the girls' bathroom.
I open the door, check to see to make sure no ones in there, and then lock the door behind us.
"Well? What is it?" Christina asks again, crossing her arms over her chest.
I let out a sigh and slouch against the door before answering.
"Peter and I... have sorta been having a thing going on, and he kissed me..." I say, avoiding her burning stare.
She doesn't respond for a couple moments and it makes me want to throw up. Silence is not good.
"Tris...you know how I feel about cheating. We promised each other to never cheat. That's the whole reason why we don't date players!" She explains, her voice stern and serious. She walks towards the door and I move out of the way. She unlocks it and sighs.
"Do the right thing and tell him, Beatrice." She says before slipping out of the bathroom. If only it was that easy...
****
The final bell rings and I quickly exit the classroom and head towards my locker. Tobias told me he was going to bring me home from school today; I'll have to tell him then.
I shove my things in my locker and slam it closed. I'm not ready for this.
"Hey, Beautiful," I hear Tobias say from the left of me. I look up and see him smirking at me. I feel a smile begin to form on my face but then it disappears.
I have to tell him.
He tries to take my hand as we walk out of school but I brush it off and shove my hands in my sweatshirt pockets.
We walk into the parking lot and he tries to make small talk but I just respond with "Yeah." or "Okay."
Tobias, please don't make this anymore painful than it already is...
We reach his car and he opens the door for me and I slide in. He goes around to the other side and sits down in the drivers seat, but he doesn't start up the car.
"So what's been going on? You've been acting... distant lately." He asks, with a soft expression on his face.
I should tell him.
No, he will break up with you.
I must do the right thing.
Fine, be heart broken.
I don't care.
But you do though...
I sigh and look out of the car window, avoiding his gaze. People are still filing out of school but most of them already went home. I wish I was at home.
"Peter and I have been having something," I say, still looking out the window. "At first it was nothing, but then he admitted he liked me, and I liked him too. But then..."
"Then what?" He asks, his voice turning cold.
"He kissed me," I say quietly. I feel tears start to form in my eyes, threatening to spill; So I let them.
"Peter kissed you? You have to be kidding me!" He says, slamming his palms against the steering wheel.
"I'm sorry-" I try saying but he cuts me off.
"If you were so sorry then you wouldn't have kissed him, Tris! How long has this little affair been going on anyway? Days? Weeks? Months!" He demands, his voice cold and sharp as ice.
"No, it wasn't like that..." I say quietly. I don't dare look at him, it would make me cry even harder.
"Then what was it like, Tris? You cheated on me. I didn't think you, of all people, would be a cheater. I can't believe you." He says, almost spitting the words out at me.
Then something snaps inside of me.
"You can't believe me? What about when you told me you had a past with several girls, Four!" I yell, finally meeting his intense glare. "You didn't think that didn't mean anything? You could be cheating on me with one of them and I wouldn't even know it!"
He still holds his glare on me, not even reacting to my outburst.
"I was broken, Beatrice. That monster wasn't really a father, you know. I thought you could be the glue to put me back together. Guess I was wrong, like always." He says, low and cold. It makes me freeze, like the coldness of his voice actually froze me.
"What? You don't think I was broken too because of Marcus? I saw him hurt you. I had nightmares about it, Tobias! I'm not perfect, okay? I tried, I tried." I say, my tears finally stoping. I wipe off my cheeks and open the car door, stepping outside.
"I'm sorry I'm not perfect, Four. But I tried," I say before slamming the car door.
What a great start for the week...
------------
Eek!
Sorry it took so long to update! But my internet broke when I was writing this chapter and it deleted it! Ugh. I had to rewrite it so that's why it took kind of long. Sorry!
Thanks for the votes! Love you all<3
Update: Next Week