Chapter 1

----------The Princesses Birthday----------

"(____)?"
"(____)! Wake up!"
"You will be ok (____)!"
"Hang in there!"
While these voices were in your head, one stood out.
"Vous êtes le contraire du plus haut des gens."

You wake up, breathing heavily. "What does it mean?" You wonder. Ever since your parents walked out the door and never came back, life has not been the same. You have gave up on looking for them a long time ago so now you travel around. Today was the perfect day to head to Old Corona because it was the lost princesses 18th birthday! So today, they have a festival going on that you thought would be a fun way to spend your day. Especially being able to see the lanterns at night for the first time will be absolutely magical! "Well today should get that dream off my mind."

Your head was laying on a tree stump so it wasnt really comfortable. You slowly get up, aching a bit from the position you were sleeping in. You get up, Place the satchel around your neck, and start walking across the long stone bridge leading to the village of Corona. Passing the village and finally entering the area in which the festival is taking place, you take a good look around. You chuckle slightly, enjoying the scene.

You spot a woman with long blonde hair. She is walking around with a man that has a goatee and is making a smoulder, and a white horse. There is a bright green chameleon sitting on her shoulder making faces at the man. You smile at the children wanting to braid her hair. You thought it was cute. Through your thoughts you didnt realize the huge fountain in front of you and you tripped. You almost fell in closing your eyes till someone from behind grabbed you.

You were holding your eyes closed, still thinking you were going to fall in. You slowly open your eyes to find out you were not falling anymore. You stand fully back up and turn around to find a boy, looks around your age, smiling at you.

"Thanks so much!" You say smiling with sincerity.
"No problem! Although, I dont know how you could just walk into it?" The boy wondered.
You roll your eyes, still smiling.
"Well, I guess I was in my own little world for a minute.
You both laugh.
So, could I have your name?" You asked.
"Varian!!!" He said with pride and confidence.
"Im (___)." You try mimicing Varian.

It was nice finally meeting someone your age here. He was a little taller than you, but its normal for you. You thought it was really interesting that he had one blue stripe in his hair.

"Could I ask you something?"
He nods.
"Are you like a scientist of some sort? I ask because of the googles, and the gloves, and the apron and stuff." You scratch your head.
"Well, im glad you asked because I am indeed a Al-" A man grabbed him by the shoulders before he could finish his sentence. He takes a glance behind him.

"Dad!!! What are you doing here? I thought you were going to talk to the ki-" His dad cut him off again.
"Varian, We need to go home!"
Your just standing there, minding your own buisiness. Not really, but you wanted to seem like it.
"Why???" Varians expression saddens.
"Dont question me son! We have to go!" He grabs Varian by the arm.
You frown.
"But wait, Dad, I want to stay." Varian looks at you for a second and right back at his dad. His dad stares at you for a minute. It starts to get a little awkward.
"Hello little lady, whats your name?" He asks.
"(____)..." You quietly say, a little nervous.
He slightly closes his eyes then grins.
"Ok... You can stay..."
Varian gives a huge smile in return and you do the same.
"But..."
"Ugh! Theres always a but!" Varian says, annoyed. You chuckle a bit and look up at Varians dad.
"I want you on the docks before the lanterns end. We need to get home before it gets dark." He looks a bit paranoid.
"Ok dad! I wont let you down!" Varian looks at him with pride.
Varians dad gives a reassuring smile and looks back at you.
He kneels down to your height.
"And as for you, stay safe ok... He can be a handful but-"
"Sir, dont worry! Well be ok!" You hold up a thumbs up.