Chapter 4

-----2 Sneak Outs before Coronation-----
_____Song credit to Mandy Moore_____

Panting from a long time of running, you and Varian are sweating like a wet dogs after a bath.

"Water! I... Need... Water!" You pant out, stumbling to the kitchen.

"No! I need water!" Varian coughs, following you.

"And whos the one who beat you here?" you raise a brow to Varian.

"You..." Varian pouts.

You make a glass of water for you and Varian and you hand it to him. You both chug it down, Quirin walking into the room. He facepalms and walks back out.

"(___)... Ill beat you next time!" Varian challenges, finishing.

"Oh yeah!? Your talking to the unbeatable" You laugh with confidence as you finish.

"Well im gonna do something IM good at" Varian makes a pout face and stomps off.

"Varian! I was joking!" You run to his side, walking beside him. "Varian.... Varian...... Varian.... Varriiiaannn"! you repeat.

"Whaattttt" He annoyingly asks.

"You know... I just met you... But... I feel like your my best friend all ready!" You smile and turn away.

You feel arms wrap around you from behind and you turn your head back.

"me too!" Varian smiles back.

You give him a big hug before saying goodnight. You walk up to Varians room, noticing another bed on the other side of the room. You look at the note and read it.

"Dear (___),

Hello, you may have noticed this extra random bed? Crazy right!?! Well i've noticed you've made yourself at home here. You seem to have a bond with my son and so for now, this is where you'll sleep. I hope you will enjoy it.

Sincerely,
Quirin"

You smile and jump onto it, laying down. It feels soft and comfortable... Feels like home. You lay there but after a while, you cant sleep. You hear a door creak and you flinch a bit, since you were a bit deep in thoughts.

"(___)? You asleep" varians voice echoes throughout the room.

You look up and stare at him. You whine a bit, plopping your head back down on the soft pillow.

"No! I havent been able to sleep!" You complain, taking the pillow from underneath your head and putting it over your face.

"Its not the mattress is it!?! I knew we should have used the other one!" Varian looks back in regret.

"No Varian! Its not the mattress!" You laugh.

He sighs and plops onto his bed on the other side of the room.

"(___)?"

"yeah?"

"Do you think there are other worlds out there?" He stares up at the ceiling.