Weak

I'm not that girl-
A Caxi Story
Chapter 2

Singing and dancing alone makes me feel happy. It's an escape from Broduey I guess. I feel like I'm walking on air, dancing in the clouds. Like I'm a different person, I can be whoever I want to be.
What makes it better is when Maxi is there too. Whether singing, working the music or dancing; It's magical.
Our assignment from Pablo is to choose an existing song that somebody else in the studio wrote and take our own spin on it, whether it be a different language, or a cover, or even make it a group number from a solo. A lot of guys are either doing that assignment in English or Italian. So we need to be different and keep it to Spanish but make it almost a completely different song.

"I got it!" I say almost as if a lightbulb goes off in my head."Let's do Como Quieres, and rap it!"
"Cami you're a genius!" He exclaims giving me a hug. And I feel as if my whole world has been brightened. I'm left grinning like crazy when he pulls away.

"What are smiling for?"He asks.
I shake my head,"Its nothing. I just like when we hang together."
He smiles at me,"Me too."

An hour later we have the music remixed perfectly for the song and have decided which bits we should both sing. We are so going to smash this assignment!

Just when I think everything is going great, the worst thing happens as a dark figure walks into the room. "Hey Cami baby."
Broudey. He make me sick.
"I'll leave you two alone, nice seeing you man!" maxi says leaving the room giving a high five to Broduey.

"No Maxi-" I try to say but it's too late, he's gone and I'm not safe anymore.

I turn to face him,"I thought I told you I never wanted to see you again."
He just laughs,"And why would you want that?"

I'd stand up to him but I can't. What's the point? I try and fail and end up with bruises all over my body no matter what I do.
I have to let him do what he wants to do to me.

*************************

I spend the majority night in my room crying after Broduey had left. I try to hold it in but I can't. Nobody knows. Nobody cares enough to see something is wrong. I spend my day trying to avoid that monster, but at the end of the day I lose and he takes advantage of me. At first I tried to stop it, but he just hit me and continued. That's the reason now why I'm too weak to stand up to him. If I do that he will hurt me even more, mentally as well as physically.

My phone vibrates. it's a text from Fran,
'Hey,
Mind if I come over?'

I wipe my eyes with the back of my hand and reply,
'That sounds great! See you in 10!'

Nobody knows. Not Fran, not Vilu not Maxi. They all assume I'm fine. But then again they're all too loved up to notice my relationship heading towards hell. Fran and Marco are in the honeymoon stage so in love, Leon and Vilu can't keep their hands off each other constantly making out. Then there's maxi, so lovey dovey with Naty. Then there's me in an abusive relationship and in love with my best friend who is so totally clueless about it. welcome to my stinking rotten life. But I have to put on a brave face for Fran coming over, so I apply a little make up so my fresh bruises aren't visible and apply a small coat of mascara to make the fact I've been crying less obvious.