Freeze

I'm not that girl

A Caxi Story

Chapter 5

I feel broken, weak, stupid and I feel like I'm a little girl. this time I tried to fight back, I tried to get out of his tight grip but that only resulted in bruises all over my shoulders and on my legs. I'm more bruised than I ever have been before. But I can't hide forever, if I take the day off people will get suspicious so I pick out a long sleeved top and my black jeans that won't hurt my bruises. it's really warm outside but I can't risk letting people see the bruises, I don't want people to know. I tie my hair into a lose ponytail and cake on my makeup so that it only looks as if I didn't get much sleep, which is a story I can cope with. I grab my backpack and head out to the studio.

*****

"Cami! Cami! I've been looking all over for you!" a voice yells, I turn around expecting it to be Fran or Vilu, but instead it's Naty.

"Oh hi Naty, what's up?" I ask, pretending I'm okay.

"Pablo wants us to sing together for a promo thing for UMix!" she says her face beaming.

"Wow! that's awesome! When?" I ask, trying to come across as excited, as much as I love singing, I just really don't feel like it today.

"In about an hour! Oh and he wants us singing Encender Nuetra Luz, according to Pablo our voices match each other well in that song!" I just smile and agree to it even though its the last thing I want to do.

I feel as if I should hate Naty, I mean she's Maxi's girlfriend and he loves her not me, but with what she's been through with Ludmila, she's actually so sweet and kind. There's also the fact neither she nor Maxi know about my feelings for Maxi. I have no idea what to do.

When the time comes for me and Naty to sing I look into the crowd and see Maxi, he's smiling and cheering but it's not at me, it's for Naty. Then I see Broduey in the back winking and making my stomach churn.

The music starts playing and the camera starts rolling. Naty sings the first couple lines yet when it comes to me, I freeze. I don't know what happened but I try to sing and I just can't, my lips will not open and sing anything and my vocal chords feel as if they are shut off and nothing is coming out. Everyone is looking at me. I can't do this. I run of the stage and out of the music hall. Out of the studio. I just start running, I don't know where I'm going and I don't know why I'm doing this but I just run away.