21#

Serena's POV:
I wake up to the sound of a baby crying. For the fifth time. This morning. It's been a week and this is all I've been waking up to.

Like seriously, she does nothing else but cry. It's either she's hungry, wants attention, is tired or needs to be burped. I have had like an hour of sleep today.

It's obvious that babies don't understand that people need sleep, that's why they cry 24/7. I'm sure it's because of some other scientific reason, but that's the way I see it.

I get out of bed and walk over to the cot which is on the other side of the room. I look at her to see that she has stopped crying and she just looks up at me. I don't know what she wants, but if I leave I'm afraid she will start crying again.

"What do you want from me?" I ask her. I know she can't talk yet, but I just like talking to her.

I pick her up and rock her in my arms. I sing 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star' and soon after her eyes are closing, showing that she's tired.

I place her back in her cot and walk back to the bed. I don't know how Ash is still sleeping. He sleeps like a baby. He hasn't woken up and she's been cried 5 times this morning.

I'm annoyed at him for not being annoyed at Aurianna for waking me up. I walk over to the bed, grab the water on the side of the bed and pour it on his head.

He sits up, shakes his head and water sprays everywhere, including on me. I frown and cross my arms over my chest. He then looks at me with a flat look, "You couldn't just say 'Ash, can you wake up, please?' or bribe me with food? You just had to pour water on my head... again. I was awake around the first time she started crying, I just needed you to tell me to wake up." he gets out of bed and stretches.

"So what I'm hearing is, you... were... awake?"

"Yes. That's what I just said." he rolls his eyes like I'm being stupid.

"And you couldn't help me?"

"You didn't ask for help."

"Do I need to ask before you help me?!"

"Well, yes. I see the only thing you got from my little speech was that I was awake since the first time she started crying. You got nothing about manners from that?" I say nothing and he shakes his head in disapproval, "You need to improve you listening skills."

I take a deep breath and go back to Aurianna, who is sleeping peacefully now. She looks so cute. Ash comes up behind me, "Of course she looks cute, I'm her father."

"I think it's because I'm her mother, she looks more like me. That's what everyone's been saying."

"How can you know that? She's only a baby. We can't tell who she looks like until she's a toddler."

"You're not making any sense. She can't look like me because she's only a baby, but she can look like you."

"Yep. Simple logic, you need to keep up with me Serena."

"You actually need mental help. Are you even stable enough to be here?" I place my hand on his forehead, which is a bit of stretch for me, "Maybe we need to talk you to the doctors."

He moves away from me and crosses his arms, "I don't need to. I am perfectly fine."

"Go have a shower. You don't want to helped mentally, so maybe you can be helped physically." I pinch my nose and scrunch up my face, "You stink."

"Have you smelt you self?"

That was a rude way to put it, but I'm not smelling so fresh myself. But I know he's going to suggest that-