Chapter 27

KAITLIN’S P.O.V

“Morning beautiful,” I felt somebody pinched my cheek.

“Hey,” I slowly opened my eyes and saw Riley was lying down beside me.  When did he come here?  “You’re still here.”

“I told you, I like to spend my time with you, so I stayed here, yeah, if it wasn’t obvious.”

“Cheesy…”  I made my hair into a messy bun and walked to the bathroom.

“Hey don’t go…”  He stopped me.

“What?  It’s just bathroom Ri.”

“No, I mean…I’ve been thinking about what you said to me last night, about that ‘probably I was slightly too late’, what does it mean?”

“Are you still going to ask me about that?  It’s nothing Riley I was just telling nonsense.”  Dang it.

“It sounds something for me.  I need to know about that.”

“Okay what do you need to know?”

“First, that you’re still mine.”

“Am I?”  I chuckled.  “I don’t know Riley it’s maybe too fast or something, I’m scared that you’re going to leave me again…”

“No…not this time Kai, I’m sure.  I don’t need to gain my memory back; I love you now, and there’s nobody in between.”

“What about Sarah?”

“She’s been locked down.  Connor handled it.”

“Oh you’re talking to Connor again, are you three now doing good?”

“We’re doing great, thank you.  And it’s because of you.”

“Oh no it can’t be, I did nothing.”

“You did everything.  You probably fight harder than us to keep the band okay, to convince me about everything, to make me feel that amnesia isn’t all bad, everything.”

“What did I do?”  I walked to the bathroom but the door was remained open. 

“Don’t fool me.  You helped Connor with the guitar part and you’re going to the recording room together with them, took over my position, so at least the band can release a sneak peak of the new song.  So the fans know that we’re working on something, at least.”

“Oh…Connor begged me to.  Hah.”

“And that’s awesome.”  Riley came closer to me, wrapped his hands around my waist, we’re looking at the bathroom mirror together.  “Don’t go.”

“Gosh…”  I bowed my head.  Riley turned me around so I rested my head on his shoulder, stood too close to him.  “I’m…we can’t do this Riley.”

“What?”

“Mom called me.”

“Yeah, what did she say?”

“We’re…  I hate myself.”

“No I love you.  What is it?”

“I’m moving out.”

“WHAT?”

I didn’t answer anything, all I did was crying in front of him.

“NO YOU CAN NOT!  WHEN WILL YOU GO?  I’M GOING WITH YOU.”

“No you can’t follow me…”

“Yes I can, the boys will understand.  Is it LA?  Boston?  Maryland?”

“Italy.”

“No you’re not, Kai, baby please, no…”

“I’m sorry…  Mom asked me to go with her.  She said Dad has been transferred again so we have no choice.  I’ve told Mom every single reason why I didn’t want to move, but it helped none…”

“I can’t be apart from you again Kaitlin no…  I love you…  Stay…”