the hawaseong killer

Pdv: me

The statute of limitations for a series of serial murders in Hwaseong, Gyeonggi Province, which continues to confuse the police, will expire next Sunday. Serial murders, in which 10 women aged 13 to 71 were raped and murdered between September 15, 1986 and April 3, 1991, a period of four years and seven months, triggered shockwaves at the end of 1980s. Even if it were caught, the author would not be subject to any criminal charges because the 15-year limit for prosecution of the 10 cases expires on Sunday. A suspect was arrested in September 1988, but he proved to have no connection with the serial killings. The real serial killer is still free. The last murder took place around 9 pm on April 3, 1991. A 69-year-old woman was found dead, raped and strangled with tights on a mountain in Hwaseong. No similar case has been reported since, and no one knows anything about the criminal. Victims of serial killings were all strangled to death with their own clothes, such as tights or socks. There was also evidence of forced sexual abuse, which sent shockwaves to the public. The author has been reported to have the type ?? B ?? blood based DNA evidence left on the scene of the murders. He was in his twenties, measuring between 165 and 170 centimeters and thin according to an identikit based on the testimony of a rape victim who managed to escape fifteen days before the fourth murder. That's all the police have. Police can arrest if a suspect is arrested later, because the National Institute of Scientific Investigation holds the genetic information of the criminal collected at the scene of the crime. A police officer said, "Given the cruel and abominable modus operandi, he is probably a psychopath.A psychopath does not feel guilty, he or she likes the thrill of committing heinous crimes. In attempts to solve the case, the largest number of police in history has been put into operation. About 2.05 million agents handled the case each year. The total number of suspects and witnesses is 21,280. In addition, 40,116 people received their fingerprints and 570 DNA samples and 180 hair samples were analyzed. The volume of investigation files is five firms. Police and prosecutors have decided to keep the files permanent, unlike other cases whose records are scrapped one year after the end of the limitation period. The decision is to find the truth even after the 15-year limit given its importance and considerable public interest. The mass murder led to the rush to a system of scientific inspection. The capillary neutron analysis was first adopted in the eighth case, and the police asked the Japanese specialists to decipher the DNA code of the ninth and tenth murders, which was the first DNA inspection. from Korea. Currently, homicide detectives at the Hwaseong Police Bureau are checking related calls from time to time. The 2003 film, "Memories of Murder," which drew five million moviegoers, was an indicator of the huge public interest in mass murder. Debate on the extension of the limit on hate crimes is ongoing with the status of the limit of the exhausting case. Legislator Moon Byung-ho of the Uri party submitted to the National Assembly a bill amending the Penal Code, which extends the statute of limitations for murder cases to 20 years in August of last year. The bill is pending in a subcommittee of the Assembly. The head of the Hwaseong Police Bureau said, "We will get the truth and the substance of this regardless of the limit, and we will keep the investigation team dedicated to the case.