[17.5]

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - PART FIVE
ALIVE

[FEBRUARY 14th, 1982]

SUHO

"Do you think we should go over there?"

Suho watches as Minseok raises a brow at his question before glancing behind them. Now they stood in what many would consider the middle of nowhere. The area around them was sandy, the road was old and barren, and there were no buildings or cars in sight. Around them, people hurried back and forth, mostly henchmen preparing for what was to come. The sound of gun shots occurred every so often from the other henchmen practicing with their weapons. 

Usually, there were never this many people around for a weapons trade. But considering they were trading with another major family, they needed to be as protected and secure as possible. Though the other family had never been an enemy of theirs, it was never too late for a friendly face to become hostile. So, considering the importance of this trade, two bosses were needed instead of one.

Suho was used to the jobs that involved sitting behind a desk or in meetings that consisted of talking and negotiating, because that was what he was good at. He could fake a smile pretty well. And then, there was the fact that people seemed to trust him easily. This had earned him a spot among the bosses who did more negotiating than shooting and shouting. When it came to dealing with other families, it was people like him who were called in. Which is why he had been confused when he got a call from the family house informing him that there was a weapons deal taking place that required his presence. But his confusion had died down quickly when he arrived at the meet up point and saw who was involved.

"We shouldn't waste our time." Minseok replies finally, crinkling his nose as he watches where Baekhyun is speaking with Gunsik and Sehun.

"You're just bitter about your shoulder." Suho tells him, grinning when Minseok narrows his eyes.

"Maybe" The henchman grumbles quietly.

"I think we should at least try to be cordial. It's never a good idea to go into anything together if we're all being secretly hostile towards each other." Suho says, "That way we won't have to worry about a possible shot to the back of the head from the other family and our own."

He watches as his right hand man looks hesitant, toying with the wires in his hand momentarily.

"Fine." Minseok sighs finally, shoving the earpiece he had been fixing towards his boss, "But if I end up with another fucked up shoulder, it'll be your fault, again."