chapter 3

Serena's pov
    I woke up in the middle of the night. Ban wasn't holding me down any more. I heard him mumbling something. That's when I heard him mutter someone's name.... A girl's name. "Elaine" that's what he said. I feel like my heart is breaking into a million pieces. 'So he still has feelings for her. I should have known. But still I can't help loving him'. I move away and went over to the window seat I've been using as a bed. I feel some tears start to silently fall from my eyes. I fall asleep silently crying.

*Time skip to the morning brought to you by Ban's excellent cooking*

Ban's pov
     I wake up to find that Serena isn't where she was when I fell asleep. I look over to the window seat and see her asleep. I see tears silently falling down her cheeks. ' I wonder why she is crying. She used to do that all the time in the past. It was when she was heartbroken by someone. But that was before she joined the sins'. Just as I'm thinking this she starts to wake. I quickly look away. "Yaaaawwwwn.... Good morning Ban. I didn't hear you get up" Serena said stretching and wiping away the rements of her tears. Trying to make it seem like she hadn't been crying.

Serena's pov
    A little while after I woke up I heard Hawk yell at us to get some breakfast. More of the captain's nasty cooking. Yuck. I head down with Ban slowly following. We get there and start to talk about our plan. Hawk says that the necropolis is probably full of bugs, bats and ghosts that are just waiting to scare us. Ban sees me shiver in fear at the thought and starts to tease. But he's still being careful about how he teases me. We get to the town that's supposedly the entrance to the necropolis. Diane is assigned the job of billboard girl. I silently snicker at that. Ban and I are assigned to the kitchen. Ban cooking, and me helping. But Ban disappears and me, the captain, and Diane head out to find him. We find him just as he is about to use his power. Captain hits him on the head saying "bad Ban". I start to laugh at that. But that's when I see him. King. The  person that got on my and Ban's nerves. But even though I don't like him that much I still happily shout out with Diane and the captain." King"! Little did I know what would happen next.