chapter four

third moment:
romeo and julian's cloud sighting

julian laid on the roof of his house watching the fluffy white clouds race across the sky. the sun sometimes appearing from behind a cloud shining so bright it made him squint. the warmth of the sun allowing julian to feel nice and cozy. he sat up hearing someone walking down the rocky old road. he clenched his jaw when romeo came into view. romeo and julian locked eyes and shared a smile. julian then waved at romeo to come over to where he was.

"hey, random seeing you here." julian spoke.

"yeah, well i was just walking back home from church." romeo shrugged from down there.

julian smirked knowing damn well that julian had taken the long way home. possibly because he knew julian lived on this side of town.

"come on." julian said patting a place next to him on the roof.

romeo used his upper body strength to get himself up there. lifting weights in his garage was surely paying off. julian's eyes explored romeo's arms. they appeared to be so firm and captivating. julian closed his eyes trying to think of anything but what he was currently feeling. he hadn't quite discovered what the feeling was. but he felt it was wrong. so he convinced himself it was, as so did romeo. he ran his hand through his greasy floppy hair. he then laid back on his back, romeo copying his actions.

"what do you see?" romeo asked curiously.

"i see a bumblebee." julian pointed at the cloud.

"that doesn't even look like a bumblebee. it looks like a car." romeo spoke.

"no not that one." julian rolled his eyes. "that one!" he points with both fingers this time.

"nope still don't see it." romeo laughed at julian getting awfully way to serious about this.

julian scooted closer to romeo. the sides of their bodies were touching. and the hair on romeo's body had arisen. sticking up like grass in a meadow. julian trying to get his perspective of the endless sky; pointed at the cloud he claimed to look like a bumblebee.

"that one, right there." he stared at the cloud before looking over at romeo.

"oh... now i see it." romeo makes o shape with his mouth.

romeo slowly looks down and at julian. their faces inches away from each other. romeo studies all julian's features and julian does the same to romeo until both of their eyes land on each other's lips. the urge to connect their lips grew as the seconds went by. but they both fought the burning desire.

julian looked up at the sky once more gulping down the lump in his throat. before romeo slowly began moving his fingers to slowly touch the back of his hand. romeo knew it was wrong. well according to the world it was. but he couldn't help it, he wanted to touch julian. he wanted to feel him.

julian quickly moved his hand away giving romeo a look of disgust making romeo feel ashamed. julian sat up, stood up and hoped off the roof leaving romeo without a word to wonder if he had made a mistake.

what romeo didn't know was that julian felt it too. that feeling they both shared. and julian wanted the touching too. he enjoyed the small moment as much as he did. he even wanted more of it. but the voice in the back of his head said no.

no.
no.
no.

oh, but how his heart screamed yes.