Chapter 30

It had been two weeks now that I'd been in the hospital, and if I was honest, I was about ready to commit murder on this goddamned nurse— I was so tired of her constant questioning. I believe, though, that today is my lucky day.

"Any new pains?" Kelly asked, the bags under her eyes glowing. "Please be honest, yada yada." I snorted.

"Honestly, this is my best day so far," I sighed, resting my head against the wall. "Can I leave yet?" Kelly laughed.

"Actually, believe it or not, I think you can," My eyes widened. "I'm pretty sure they said if you have good test results in this afternoon's check in, they'll release you. Viktor and your mother have already been notified."

I scoffed. "And I hadn't been notified because?" I retorted. Kelly shrugged.

"Not my place to tell you if it's not set in stone. Believe it is now though." I smiled in relief.

"Alright, well, hurry up and get the doctors in. I'm ready to walk."

*

Three long hours passed, and before I knew it, I was blessed with the opportunity to leave. It felt so good to move again, even though I had casts all over and bandages all down my right arm, I was just happy to see the sun. And by the sun I meant my boyfriend.

I walked down the hall slowly, and when I turned the corner, the first thing I saw was my mother and Viktor waiting patiently at the end. It was quite funny, actually, Viktor looked like a dog that was told to sit still but just really wanted to run off— I honestly thought he would take off running towards me. Luckily he didn't.

I hugged my mom first, sighing into her hair when she wrapped her arms around my chest. I hadn't had one of these genuine parent hugs in the longest time, and honestly, it felt great; that was until I glanced over to find Viktor pouting at me distinctly. He obviously wanted me to hurry up so he could get his hug. I giggled under my breath.

"Alright," I breathed, pulling away from my mom before Viktor plowed towards me, wrapping his arms loosely around my waist and resting his forehead on my shoulder. I could've cried, it felt so good.

"I missed you," He had whispered, "so much."

I simply smiled, glancing over at my mom who was staring at us with a soft smile. A realization hit me. She.. didn't know about our relationship.

What would I do about that? When was the right time?

"Alright, so," Kelly sighed, flipping through the pages on her clipboard. "Honestly, they told me to make sure you fill out some survey before you leave, but how about no. It's legit six pages, front and back."

Once I had pulled away from Viktor and I's hug, I slowly pulled Kelly into one, taking her by surprise. It didn't take long for her to hug back though.

"Thank you," I mumbled, "For taking care of me."

She rubbed my back, her hair falling into my face. I scrunched up my nose.

"And about that boyfriend of yours," She whispered as lowly as she could into my ear when Viktor and my mother had been speaking with a separate nurse. "Make sure you never let him go."

My eyes widened, and I pulled away, staring into her eyes.

"What? Why?"

She just smirked. I mentally groaned.

"Just a keeper."

"Oh come on, that's unfair."

"Alright, anyway," She laughed, catching the attention of my mother and boyfriend, once again. "I believe you can take him now. We've got it all signed out."

I smiled in relief, throwing my head back. "Bless!" Kelly frowned. I chuckled sheepishly. "Thank you. Bye Kelly."

By the time we had exited the building, Viktor had already intertwined our fingers, making sure to keep a close eye on my mom just in case she turned around and saw. Luckily she didn't seem to be focused on us.

"You know," He said, swinging our arms in sync. "Kelly called me every day to tell me how you were doing."

I froze, glancing at him out of the corner of my eye. We then continued walking.

"Why?"

He scoffed. "Because I was constantly worried about you, of course. You were hit by a fucking car." I rolled my eyes.

"Obviously, but then why didn't you just come visit? I wouldn't have minded."

He bit his lip, sighing under his breath. "They wouldn't let me. Said every day was 'too much'."

"You visited twice in two weeks, Viktor. Could've done a bit more than that. I was lonely, you know."

"I know! And I'm sorry, but I've been busy. Just leave it be, alright? I'm sorry."

I kept my mouth shut, but not for long. Busy? What would he be busy with?

"Busy.." I mumbled, furrowing my eyebrows. "Busy? You never are. What have you been doing?"

He shrugged. "Makkachin was sick for a few days, and plus I had to contact the figure skating officials to let them know you wouldn't be competing. Of course, then, there was—"

"Wouldn't be competing?" I snapped, glaring at him. "Who said something like that?" He rose his eyebrows.

"Um, common sense. Yuri, it's in less than a month! Two weeks at the most, and you were just hit by a car! It's not happening!" I laughed sourly.

"But we've worked so fucking hard, there's no way I can just—"

He dropped my hand, and my eyes widened, moving towards his angry expression.

"Yuri! No! Are you serious? I don't care how damn hard we've worked. Nothing, nothing means more to me than your safety. It's not happening."

I threw my arms out in protest. I saw my mom turn around curiously, looking at us. She began to walk over when she noticed me getting mad.

"Hey, boys, let's just calm d—"

"Okay, father. I'll do what I please. I may not compete, but I sure as hell won't stay off the ice for no damn couple of months! You cannot, and will not—"

Viktor took a step closer, almost daring me to speak another word. I glared into his eyes in response.

"I am your coach," He growled, staring down at me. "And if I say you're off the ice, you're off the ice. And you will be off for a month and a half, understand?"

My mouth gasped open, and my chest clenched.

"W—What? You can't—"

"Do you understand?!"

I stared at him for a moment, before I closed my mouth, shrugging my shoulders. I wanted to cry, but I was stronger than that.

"I guess I understand," I cracked, my eyes glossed over already. I shook my head slowly. "As long as you understand how fucking upset I am."

My mother gasped at my language. "Yuri K—!"

Viktor sighed, obviously calming down a little. "Yuri, I'm just being reasonable—"

I scoffed. "Reasonable my ass." I shook my head. "Have fun trying to get me to speak a word to you for awhile, jerk."

And then I walked off, into the car.

What a bitch.

ayyye look who finally updated

it's ya dude 🤷🏼‍♀️

love you all bye bye