~1~ One More Day

"Wow kacchan, your quirk's so cool. I can't wait till I get mine."
"Stop kidding yourself deku, you'll never be a hero like me. You're already 6 and you don't have a quirk. What do you expect? To bore people to death?" The class laughed at kacchan's words

If only I knew.

"You just wait and see, when I get my quirk, I'll be a great hero, like all might. Just you wait." Izuku has tears springing in his eyes, but he held his ground.

He was such a strong man, why did I have to ruin it?

On izuku's 8th birthday we was greeted, not with warm faces and presents, but instead with harsh shouts and clashing plates. He couldn't make out what they were saying, but he knew it wasn't good. Something along the lines of "A QUIRKLESS SON IS NO SON OF MINE!!!" He heard that part loud and clear, and the part where his mother told his father to leave, he could hear the tears she was hiding in her voice. His mother came in a few minutes later, forcing a smile through her words. Izuku quickly threw the covers over his head and acted as if he's just woken up, this wasn't the first time he'd done this. "Izuku baby, are you up?" His mother called as she sat down on his bed and patted the sheets. Izuku rolled over, acting like he just woke up. "Good morning Mum" He smiled, as his Mum stroked his hair and kissed his forehead. "My little boy, I can't believe you're 8, I'm so proud of you. Now get up and get ready, breakfast's waiting for you." His mother ruffles his hair again before she left him to get ready. He waited for his father to return, but the day didn't come.

Why didn't I try to see his side?

The years passed quickly, all too quickly, but Izuku remembered them all. All the discrimination and hate, the looks passed in his class, the beatings his teachers didn't bother to document. But all those seemed pitiful at this moment, as Izuku stood over his mother's hospital bed. Eyes filled with horror and hopes that she was strong enough to get through this. She never did have much strength, but Izuku hoped with all his heart, that she could do this. She was all he had left, he knew it was selfish, but he wasn't ready for her to leave him by himself, not yet. He stayed by his mother's side almost exclusively. He only left to shower or go to the bathroom. He requested his homework be sent to him in the hospital, since he knew his Mum would've wanted him to keep up on his studies.

I should've realised something was wrong

It was the longest month of Izuku's life. Dragging on tremendously, to the point where it was starting to drive him crazy. He was sitting in his chair, head in his hands, trying to block out that disgustingly consistent beep, but also holding onto the constant noise for dear life. That's when it dropped. Izuku barely noticed it at first, but as he looked up he saw.

I couldn't do anything to help.

She was flatlining.

Nothing.

Teams of doctors rushed in, immediately trying their best to assist Inko. They were too late.

As was I.

Izuku was absent for the next two months, the school was made aware of his situation and excused his absences. But he didn't want to go back to school. Anything but that. Of course he had to anyway. He didn't bother wearing a smile, he couldn't if he tried, he was sick of this, what purpose did he have to even be here anymore? He couldn't take this anymore. He didn't want to live through this torture. The end of the day rolled away. Now it was just him and kacchan in a classroom alone, great.

I knew something was wrong, yet I didn't do anything. Why? Why am I such a terrible person?

Izuku didn't fight back, which only angered kacchan even more. He kicked him, poured juice on him, burned his books right before his eyes, yet, nothing caused a reaction. He was just about to give up on this and go take his anger out in the gym, when he spoke, for the first time that day. It was groggy and creepily deep, but clear and definitely deku's. "Kacchan...why don't you just finish it?"
"Huh?" Kacchan stared back in utter disbelief.
"Why don't you just kill me right here, you said it yourself, I'll never be loved, I won't be missed. After all I am just deku right? Plain pathetic deku who can't do anything right. What kind of hero can't even protect one person? I am a failure aren't I? I'm glad I can finally see what I am through your eyes. They probably won't even search for the body, it's not like you care about getting blood on your hands, I've learnt that first hand. So why not?" Izuku was already standing by the time he finished his little rant, and was out the door with a small, not sincere apology, very quickly.