11~You Make Me Feel Alive

Izuku's question. It was such a simple yet complex one. One a child would ask when waking up from a nap. Since Izuku had basically been dead for a year, it would make sense if he didn't remember it. Although, the strange thing about this whole ordeal, was the fact that he remembered being dead. He remembered his suicide in vivid detail, yet he lacked the reason why. "...Is she at home or something? Or work?" Again, such an agonisingly simple question, it hurt. He looked so scared when no one replied. "Mr. Midoriya." The nurse was the only one who had the courage to speak up. "It seems as if you're having trouble remembering the last year, is that correct?" Izuku nodded, still eyeing Katsuki and Mitsuki suspiciously. "Well...it hurts me to say this but...your mother passed away at this hospital, a little over a year ago." The room was silent, tension hung tightly in the air as Izuku's mind processed those cursed words.

"N-no she isn't...s-she's not..." Izuku's voice was stockpiled with disbelief and grief. "Izuku." Mitsuki breathes out, her voice barely audible. You could hear the stress and worry wrapped up in her words. "Darling." She tried again, calming her voice considerably and crouching to Izuku's height, holding his hand tightly, as Inko used to for her. His hands started shaking as he wrapped them around himself tightly. He rocked back and forth slowly, growing faster with each one of his breaths. "Izuku honey, please calm down." Mitsuki's voice was still struck with intense grief, but she tried desperately to push it away. She gently held onto his shoulders, keeping him still, as she could only witness his mind tearing himself apart. He gripped Mitsuki's hand like it was a lifeline. Imagine that, waking up from being dead for a year to find out the reason you committed suicide in the first place.

Izuku's other hand was still trembling, his right hand appeared more heavily scarred. Katsuki held it lightly in his rough calloused hands. Izuku's facial expression didn't change. He stayed, almost paralysed, staring at his bed and shaking. His mother was the only main stability he had left, to have that cruelly ripped away from you, for a part of your past to be held hostage by your own mind, it could only be described as torturous. He squeezed their hands, not hard enough to hurt, but hard enough to know they were real, because what if this was another cruel test. What is this was to test Izuku's loyalty towards Shigaraki? What would happen if he failed? His breathing became laboured, scratch that, he couldn't breath. He let go of the hands and clawed at his throat. It was just like the mist filtered through his muzzle. His breathing was being blocked and he couldn't understand why.

He heard a rapid beeping nearby him, it was his heart rate. Of course this only added to the rapidly increasing peril of the already terrifying situation. Mitsuki and Katsuki tried to grab his hands, prevent him from further injuring himself, the nurse had already called for extra support and was trying to stabilise Izuku's heart rate. {Disclaimer: this is probably all wrong. I'm obviously not a doctor, sorry} Izuku could hear anyone, see anything, he could barely get his breathing, and that only reminded him of Shigaraki. Izuku's distress increased tenfold when he tried to remember his mothers face, her last words, anything. Every lead he had ended in a dead end, he could barely even remember what his own mother looked like.

The only time Izuku calmed down even a tiny bit, was when Katsuki spoke. Izuku had barely ever heard Katsuki's soft voice before, he really did sound like Inko, that was something for sure. It was one word but it changed so much. "Izuku!" Even though it was loud it remained soft and careful. Izuku turned to Katsuki immediately and collapsed into his warm, comfortable embrace. Katsuki could only cradle his broken friend until further assistance arrived. They managed to give Izuku a soothing drug, it made him slightly delirious, but it was better then crying right?

Almost 6 hours after Izuku had been given the news he was calm enough to move without supervision. He was being prescribed to a top notch therapist to deal with his extreme PTSD and depression. The therapist had been informed of Izuku's recent situation, even though no one truely understood it. That night Izuku made a special request to the hospital. Like last night Mitsuki and Katsuki joined some beds together, but this time Izuku slept in between. "Sorry I just...feel more comfortable like this...Y'know?"
"No need to apologise sweetie, we understand. Would you like to like with me and Katsu for a while? Just be aware if you stay you gotta do work like any other kid, I don't pick favourites." Mitsuki joked, brushing Izuku's mop of hair out of his eyes. "Is that really ok? Do you still want me?"
"Why wouldn't we want you? I almost died to save you, of course we want you." Katsuki spoke up. "Except I'm not having you in my house until you get that hair cut, it's a terrible fashion statement." Katsuki joked, turning to his side to see izuku better. "I-i know...I just...thank you...so much, I just...I-I'm sorry." Silent tears streamed down his face as he cried for what could've been, without a doubt, the hundredth time today.