16~One Last Glance

{UPDATE: I FOUND THE KETTLE AND CAN FINALLY HAVE A CUP OF FUCKING TEA!!}

Newly awoken from Izuku's chilling dreams, he shuffled himself out of bed. Given the time he'd been here, he'd learnt how to move without kacchan waking up. He dragged his numb body over to the sink. Pouring hot water across his hand, this sometimes worked to register feeling, but not a great amount. He dragged himself into the shower, craving to feel the water's delicate dance on his skin. He hummed quietly to himself, lost in the trance the steam had to offer.

Don't trust it.

He stepped out, throwing on his school uniform and tip toeing out the bathroom. "Ah, izu is that you?" Mitsuki called, shuffling into his sight. Izuku nodded, glancing about the room before he replied a simple, "where's kacchan" as he walked closer to Mitsuki.
"He had to leave early for school or something, he told me to tell you to catch up." She laughed at the end of her sentence

Don't listen to it.

Izuku peacefully ate his breakfast, glancing about the room, taking in all the dulled objects and colour. He paced about the house for a while, unsure of what to do. If he left now, he'd be too early and might annoy kacchan at school, but if he stayed home be'd probably fall back asleep and be late for school. Mitsuki has just left for work so she wouldn't be able to wake him up either.

Just go back to sleep. Please, for the love of god just stay home.

Izuku had finally decided. He was going to school early. As he stepped outside his shoes accidentally kicked a box laying dormant by his feet. Curious, he lifted the box up to his face and inspected the label. The label read 'Send to: Izuku Midoriya, From: The Design Department' Izuku, assuming that it was his new hero gear, carefully placed the large box on the table and peeled inside. Unsurprisingly, it was in fact his new hero costume, equipped with the requested goggles and ear plugs. Izuku checked the time, he had at least an hour before he needed to get to classes, so he decided to try it on.

Just stay there. That'll all you need to do. Please. You'll be safe there.

After about 10 minutes of actually trying to get the suit on, Izuku stood and watched his movements in the mirror. Admiring himself, keeping his eyes trained on his body. After a while, Izuku glanced at the time, realising he'd spaced out and now has to rush to get to school on time. He quickly tore off his hero costume, messily stuffing it in his bag before slinging it over his shoulder and running out the door. He made sure to lock it behind him, tightly grasping the keys in his hand.

Why aren't you listening to me?

The wind danced underneath his feet with every step he took. Ruffling his short forrest locks, and brushing a cool breeze across his face. He smiled to the air, it seemed to smile back. Each step felt lighter than it should have, as if some strange weight had drifted away and not seemed to matter at this point. Izuku almost jumped with every step, something about his was just so lively, so calm, so...real.

Deku...you damned idiot!!

It's been so long, too long since he felt this way. Since he'd felt like he was really here. {*cough cough* DEHreference *cough*} Right now, he felt more alive than ever, despite his recent resurrection. The leaves swarmed around him and swirled into a beautiful tornado of colour. He ran faster, enjoying the soothing atmosphere as he jogged towards the school.

Stop! You don't know where you're going. Turn back now! Please!!

He ran faster, slowly approaching the school he'd longed to get into all these years. It's crazy, that now it was just an everyday part of life. The small rocks had crunched beneath his feet as he through the gates, trying his best to get there on time. His foot landed through the gates, just as the bell sounded and the illusion crumbled.

YOU IDIOT!! WHY DIDNT YOU JUST STAY AT HOME?!?

The school that seemed to real turned to ashes before his eyes, as the mighty hero he observed in the window, turned into the devil of a man who'd made a boy a monster. Tomura Shigaraki. His grin was sinister and malicious, his eyes frantic as he walked closer to Izuku, backing him into a corner he didn't know was there. He took the time to finally observe the area. It was just as he feared, his year long prison. "The problem now is, if I touched you, you'd crumble." Shigaraki laughed, the feral sound echoing throughout the filthy walls.

GET OUT OF THERE NOW. PLEASE!

The fear thrives in Izuku's eyes, glinting in the dim light oh the bar. His legs trembled violently, quickly giving out until he was a shaking mess of terror on the floor. "You never were as bright a kid as I hoped, were you? You walked right into my illusion, without a second thought." Shigaraki's laugh was shallow, filled to the brim with a sinister undertone, on the verge of being murderous. "Dogs are supposed to stay put, seeing as you can't even do that, you'll need to be in a cage from now on." Shigaraki breathed and the tears started to waterfall from Izuku's. He'd become a sobbing mess, begging for anything other than that agonising torture. "Don't worry izu." Shigaraki smiles, crouching down to run two fingers along Izuku's check. "This time, it'll Be much, much worse."

I couldn't save him. Again. I couldn't fucking save one person. One little boy. All I had to do walk to school with him. All I ever had to do was talk to him. But every single time, I've always been too late. Just a few metres from the bridge, and a mere kilometre from the L.O.V. Lair.

Izuku's body had been found ten years later. The same river under the bridge. But unlike those eleven years ago, it was clear to all parties. This time Izuku wouldn't ever return.

Katsuki had gazed upon the lifeless boy. Somehow, he hadn't seemed to age. He was the same boy he knew, the same boy he bullied into suicide. The tears shed that morbid day could've restocked an ocean. No one had ever stopped looking for Izuku. Katsuki has been in a state of utter denial for 10 years. Denial that his best friends had really been ripped away from him. Again. In the blink of an eye. Because he didn't walk to school with him. All his promises had fallen empty. His knees crumbled at the sight of Izuku's coffin. His face was barely recognisable at this point. It was a clutter of various scars and bruises. Ranging from the minuet scratches that emphasised his freckles, to the scar that'd split his head. That scar had started at his hairline, making a diagonal cut all the way through to his bottom lip. Katsuki couldn't bear to imagine the intense agony Izuku would've felt if it was a sensitive day.

Two more years later, Katsuki had a dream. Since the incident, he'd only suffered a barrage of night terrors, but this had been different. It was still the format of a nightmare, it held all the qualities. But something about it was calming. The way the shattered turquoise glass had swam around Izuku's petite figure, engulfing him in a bouquet of misery. The flowers of rose, sweet pea, primrose and zinnia suffocating him slowly. Until he bathed in the blood drawn from the glass and thorns. It was terrifyingly calm, that's what struck Katsuki most.

A hand reached out towards Katsuki, slowly edging closer, so Katsuki could see the flowers travelling up and around his wrist. Izuku reached out, soft flowers traveled to his fingertips. His hand brushed Katsuki's as he smiled up at him, tears in his dimmed eyes as he spoke the words that had awoken Katsuki to damp cheeks.

"I forgive you kacchan."

{Word Count: 1367}

{12/6/18}

{A/N- that is the last chapter my dudes. I wanted to do the same sort of style I did for the first chapter since I really like the idea of looping it back around. Sorry it's short and may not make sense, if you have any questions please ask!! I'll be starting my BNHA oneshots book up in maybe a month? Not too sure but it's gonna be great.}

Bubyee~