~5~Restricted

"What the heck was that?" Shigaraki greeted Izuku when he stepped into the L.O.V headquarters. "Nice to see you too shigaraki." Izuku replied in a snarky tone. "That performance was a disgrace. We agreed you'd meet the boy, intimidate him, and torture him with your harsh words." Shigaraki's state grew intense. "And that's exactly what I did."
"No, no it's not. Why did you put your mask on?"
"Why is it such a big thing that I put my mask on? I was about to leave so I put it on."
"You know that's not why you did it, you didn't want that boy to hear those words in your voice."
"And so what if I didn't? Huh?" Izuku was close to shouting. He hated the mask, no it wasn't a mask. It was a muzzle. To put dogs like him in their place. A way to control your belongings. It made Izuku sick.

"I think that brat's emotions are starting to tamper with your judgement. Looks like it's time for another mist shower." Shigaraki's maliciousness seemed to leak through his words. "No...please don't...I'll do as you say...p-pleas-"
"Too late" Shigaraki brought out a small controller and clicked on the top button. The small room was suddenly filled with agonising screams and desperate gulps for fleeting air. Izuku could barely spit out a few strangled words along the lines of "why?" "Stop" or "please" before the air was completely drained from him and a sickly mist was filtered in through the muzzle. His ear covers reciting ear splitting screeches, making his mouth fly open at the combined pain. Shigaraki watched in amusement as he threw the small control across the room and made his way out the door "maybe next time you'll remember not to disobey me."

{if you're confused about what the mist does, the best way I can explain it is like a snickers bar add. When Shigaraki isn't happy with Izuku's performance, he filters the mist into his oxygen which makes Izuku more malicious and "better" in shigaraki's opinion. The mask is like snickers bar}

Izuku was left on the floor for a good hour, maybe two, sucking in toxic air and choking on it repeatedly. It was a brutal torture method, one that could only be used on Izuku. On any others it would suffocate and kill them. But you can't kill a dead man. So Izuku could easily be subjected to this for hours on end, but it wouldn't hurt the product. Breathing is something people and animals need to survive, it's a natural instinct, Izuku has died, yes, so it's natural to think 'why does he need to breathe?' He relies solely on instinct now. Since breathing is a natural instinct, you brain acts up when you fight against it. It starts to collapse in on itself, your brain working overtime to fathom what's going on, yet yielding negative results.

It wasn't so much torture of the body than it was the mind. It's fair to say Izuku hated it. Not just the fact that it was excruciatingly painful, but that it reminded him he was no longer living. There was still part of Izuku that was that small scared little boy that jumped and created the monstrosity he is now. He hated himself for it. He hated himself for a lot more reasons too, but this was one of the biggest. A stupid impulsive decision for a struggling child, abandoned in a sea of hate. He wasn't allowed anywhere without being constantly tracked. There was a chip implanted in the back of his neck. An invisible leash, on at all times. He was a dog, a shell of a once thriving body, made to do the perilous dirty work of his commander.

His eyes remained lifeless as he hoisted himself to sit up. His face was tortured and scarred, still begging for something better. All he wanted to do was end it, but of course he couldn't even do that right. Izuku believed he had been clever when he made the deal with Shigaraki. If he didn't have to hurt Katsuki, he would cooperate. Except he didn't specify how Katsuki would he hurt. So technically, Shigaraki was still allowed to torture him mentally...maybe even drive him into the same hole Izuku fell into. Izuku was utterly trapped and useless right now. He could only do as commanded, no exceptions whatsoever.

There was multiple brutal ways of control over Izuku. A few being the mist, cutting off his breathing, the high pitched screaming. Shigaraki could also send a sharp shock through Izuku's nervous system via the neck chip. Like I said, complete and utter control over the shattered shell of a child. Izuku craves freedom, escape, fresh air without worrying about suffocation. To hear the usual sounds instead of static and course voices. To touch thing again, people, without any fears whatsoever. It was the breath of freedom he needed but wouldn't ever receive. But don't worry, he vowed to never give up again.