Letter

"Good afternoon" the guard at the gate greeted before pulling open the gates for me to go through.

"Afternoon" I smiled. "Oh, any mail for me today?" I questioned remembering the oh-so-dreaded bills.

"Ah~ yes ma'am" he smiled and walked to the little station and grabbed a stack of envelopes.

"A bunch I see" I tried to laugh, but it sounded dead.

"Yep. The fun of living in the adult life" he sarcastically said.

"Oh. My. Goodness. You are so totally right. I mean don't you just looove working your butt off just so you waste it on the good ole pal, Bill" I laughed.

"Yes. Yes in fact I do. Even though I hate Bill I still got to pay him" he laughed and handed me the stack of envelopes.

"It's so nice having a friend that I can actually be sarcastic to and not get butthurt." I smiled again, and grabbed the stack.

"I swear you speak the truth" he then bowed playfully.

"Well I got to go in. My feet are killing me from the dam- danged heels. It really sucks being a CEO's assistant. But then again I am lucky enough that he hired me at my age." I bowed slightly to him.

"Well good luck comes to good people." he stated and closed the gate behind me.

"Oh. Um here is your weekly pay" I reached into my purse and pulled out 500 dollars.

"Oh thank you so much Miss." he accepted the money and his jaw dropped once he counted it. "Miss, I think you gave me the wrong amount. 500 is too much. I can't accept this." he tried handing the money back to me.

"You can and you will. Go pay off your bills or take your wife and child out or do whatever you want. You deserve it." I smiled, feeling proud of myself.

"B-but all I do is sit around and wait for you to leave and come ba-"

"Good luck comes to good people" I cut him off. "Just accept it. It's nice to help someone out."

"Thank you so so much" he bowed several times.

I kept grinning to myself as I walked up my driveway to my house.

So you are probably wondering who I am, so let me introduce myself. I am Kim Jinae (김 진애) and I am 17 years old. I work as an assistant to a CEO. I moved here when I was 15 due to a deep state of depression I was in since I was 12, you will find out why later on. I'm not very social, so Daesuk is pretty much my only friend. I live in a nice house and I'm doing pretty well to only be 17 and living alone since the age of 15. Out of my entire life I have only fell in love with one person, you will find out later on. Um, as for now I think this is all you should know, because the rest you will find out later on.

I unlocked my door and placed my coat on the coat rack and set my keys on the table, just past the door. I walked into the kitchen and tossed the envelopes onto the dining table, not minding that it wasn't a neat pile anymore, and I opened the fridge.

Nothing, but a yogurt and cream cheese.

'Great. I need to go shopping'

I closed the fridge and grabbed my coat and keys and left the house to go get some groceries.

------------

After about an hour and a half of grocery shopping,  I am finally back home.

I put the groceries away and sat down on the couch, turning on the t.v.

Nothing interesting was on and my stomach was grumbling, so I turned it off and made my way back to the kitchen.

I reopened the fridge and bent down and examined each and every product.