Distant

"Hey Jin" Jinae called as she met the three boys at their usual hangout spot, at the painting.

"Hey Jinae" they all called in unison, Jimin standing up waving and smiling like a child.

"What we doing today?" Jinae asked, walking up to Jimin and throwing an arm around his shoulder.

It's been about 3 weeks since they have met and they became really close in that short time period, especially with Jimin. They meet up everyday at 12 o'clock at the same place. The painting, where they first met, became the "hangout" spot and they would play, talk, or relax, basically whatever they was in the mood for.

"I honestly don't know..." Jin stated, glancing around for inspiration.

"How about swimming!" Jimin piped in, excited about his idea.

"Yes!" both Jin and Yoongi agreed in unison.

Once they realized that Jinae didn't agree, they all looked at her waiting for her response.

Underneath their gazes and the flashbacks of the last time she went swimming, she wiped away the cold sweat and tried to regulate her hitching breath.

"Jinae" Yoongi whispered, soothingly.

"Uh." she hesitated, trying to come up with a good explanation. "I'll pass" she kindly denied.

"Come on" Jin pleaded, with pleading eyes.

She looked at each one of them and saw that they were all pleading and that they really wanted to go. She didn't want to ruin their happiness moment, so she swallowed her fears away with a big gulp and said, "Alright. I guess I'll go."

The three boys all cheered and then they agreed to go home and change and meet back there in an hour.

~

"Woohoo" Jimin cheered as they walked down the path that led to the body of water.

The three boys all made conversation, while Jinae lagged behind trying her best not to have a panic attack.

She overheard Jin say that they were almost there and her heart started racing along with the thoughts. She crossed her arms around her body tightly and took deep breaths.

'I can do this.' she mentally prepped herself.

'But what if it happens again?' her worry kicked even harder.

With the war going on inside her mind, she didn't even realize there was a one foot drop right where her next step was supposed to be, even after the boys warnings.

She fell. Her world stopped. Everything stopped. It was like falling in slow motion, but your life flashing fast before your eyes. 

Every. Single. Memory.

With a grunt as she landed, she rolled over on her side and held her body tightly, trying to ease the pain that was soaring through her.

"Jinae! Are you okay?" Jin asked, as they all rushed over to her.

"Mhm" she choked, trying to hold back the tears.

Not the tears from the fall, but the tears from the memories.

His gentle, loving smile lingered in her mind, making her want to scream, cry, and end her life.

Jimin leaned in and picked her up bridal style and carried her all the way to the picnic bench that overlooked the water, all the while she protested that she was fine and could walk.

He gently sat her down and started, well tried to examine her clothed arms.

Just before he could pull up her sleeve she snatched her arm away from him, "I'm fine" she sneered.

"Well, I was just trying to check on you. You don't have to be so rude about it" his eyes fell to the ground and he stood up and walked to Jin and Yoongi.

With one last glance to Jinae, Jimin tugged his shirt off and dove into the water, the others following behind.

"Come on in Jinae" Jin called while splashing Yoongi.

The sight of the three boys laughing and playing saddened her. Not because she wasn't with them, but because that was supposed to be her and him.

"No thanks." she tugged at her sleeve, picking at nonexistent stray threads.

"Hey! I'm going to go home." she informed the boys before standing up and making her way back home.

~

"Something's not right" Jimin told his two hyungs, catching their attention.

The both stopped playing and looked at him confused.

"When I tried to check on her, she yelled at me. She didn't want me to see her arms and I mean have you saw her thighs?" he explained.

"No. We're not perverts like you." Yoongi chuckled.

"Stop. I'm being serious. Her thighs have faint scars on them. She probably has more and worse scars on her arms. And she has been being distant since we mentioned the water." he pondered on the reasoning of her recent actions.

"Hmm." Jin thought longingly.

"She said she used to live here right?" Yoongi asked, recalling certain details.

"Yea." Jimin answered, "Why?"

"I have an idea, but just leave it to me. I'll let y'all if what I think is true. It's just," Yoongi paused, "I have a bad feeling about her- not that I think she is a bad person just that she has a past, a bad one and it may involve- nevermind forget it." Yoongi tried to reason when he saw confused stares directed towards him.

"Fine." Jimin sighed.

"We should probably head home." Jin told the others, walking out of the water.

----------

I'm so sorry that I haven't been updating recently. I just had a bunch of troubles with life and stuff.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter Sunshines <3