Reunion

I stopped in front of the semi-big house. My grandma was the talk of town back in the day, she lived a wealthy perfect life, so she had the most 'luxurious' items and my mom inherited it all when my grandma passed away.

I heaved a sigh, knowing I would be here for a while and that my life would probably become hell again, and gripped my suitcase tighter before making my way up the concrete sidewalk that lead to the front door.

I knocked on the door and I heard rapid footsteps before the door swung open and I was embraced in a suffocating hold.

"Jinae~" She sobbed.

"Jaehwa" my voice cracked and returned the embrace.

Jaehwa is my older sister and she is 24 years old. I haven't seen her since I was 12 because she moved out at age 19. When that whole incident happen, I had no way of contacting her and she was the only one I could trust. I had no one to be there for me, I was all alone. I couldn't bear the loneliness and the pain anymore. At first it started off with little nicks, then to long deep cuts, and lastly to trying to take my own life. I have tried at least 5 times and have used 3 different methods. All of which, never worked. Each time, they always seemed to find me.

"How have you been?" she questioned, curiosity and worry laced through her voice.

"Well," I chuckled lightly, "when you left I fell into depression because of that incident, but once they sent me to Brazil I have been doing well for the past 2 years."

"Oh my god I am so sorry that I wasn't there for you when you lost your best friend" I felt a tear on my shoulder as she squeezed me tighter.

"I-it's ok. I have you now." I smiled, even though she couldn't see me.

"Yeah, you have me now. Come on in. You must be really tired from that long flight." she released me and pulled me inside, the warmness of familial love and the smell of cookies baking swaddling my chill-bit body.

"It was only a 22 hour flight and I slept the whole way." I sarcastically laughed, putting my suitcase beside the door.

"But still, I know how much you love your sleep." she reminded.

"True that" I chuckled, running upstairs to my childhood room.

I burst open the door, the pink walls scattered with posters inviting me in, and I lunged onto my old bed, it squeaking with impact.

"Just as I left it" I sighed and closed my eyes, taking in the familiarity.

There was a slight knock and the door cracked open with Jaehwa peeping her head through.

"Are you hungry? There is leftover chicken and rice from tonight" she questioned.

"Ooooo chicken. Yes please" my mouth watered.

"Quit drooling and come back downstairs" she laughed at me.

"Hey! You can't blame me. It's been forever since I have had your cooking" I retorted in defense, hopping up and running back downstairs to meet her in the kitchen. 

She heated the food up and sat it before me and sat down in the chair across the table.

"So?" she questioned as I just took a bite out of the chicken.

"So what?" I asked without swallowing all my food.

"Ew. Chew and swallow your food before you speak" she scolded.

I quickly chewed what was in my mouth and swallowed it.

"So what?" I repeated, now with an empty mouth.

"I don't even know. Gosh. It's been what? 5 years since I have last seen you?" she clasped her hands and placed them under her chin.

"Yep" I took another bite of chicken.

"How was it in Brazil?"

"It was tiring. I got a job as the CEO's assistant, lived in a nice house. I even had someone who opened the darn gate! Everything was pretty much the same thing everyday. I would wake up, shower, be greeted by Daesuk, go to work, come home and be greeted by him again and have some small talk, go inside and eat, shop if I need groceries, cook my food, shower, and then go to sleep. Just to do the same thing the next day. It was tiring, but fun at the same time. If that makes sense." I slumped down into my chair, shoving a spoonful of rice into my mouth.

"Woah. Seems.... interesting?" it turned out to be a question rather than a statement.

"Mmm... I guess you could say that." I shrugged.

"I guess I could." she quietly said, obviously trying to avoid the awkward silence.

"So, what about you?" I changed the subject.

"Well, I went and studied abroad to become a doctor. I just got out of med school and I was an intern at a hospital, until I got called back to this shi- amazing island." she sarcastically said.

"Ah~ Well, I'm finished now and I'll be going to sleep now. I have a big day ahead of me." I smiled and set my dishes in the sink.

Little did I know that tomorrow would be the beginning of the end

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

UNEDITED

I feel as if all of my chapters are going to be unedited lol.

I was going to post this yesterday, but I couldn't because I went to the eye doctor and they dilated my eyes and this light gave me a major headache.

Also, I'm getting glasses *cries*

Ummm I'm really being awkward right now haha

Anyways........

Thanks for reading my Sunshines

Much love for you all <<3