6

I tell them stuff he did throughout the years, and I start to get worried about where I'm gonna stay.

"Riggs?" I ask and he looks at me.
"Hmm?"
"Where am I gonna go?" I say. He sighs.
"To a care home."

"No." I reply shaking my head.
"There's nothing else." He says and I start crying again.
"I can't. He said that he wanted me to go into an orphanage." I sob. "I'm scared." I mumble.

"How about I ask Rog if you can stay with him for a night or two? Then we can sort it all out when it calms down?" He kneels down to my level and smiles. I nod and smile back.

He goes and I just sit there, thinking about stuff.

Rigg's POV:

I go to find Rog to ask him if Lexie can stay at his for a night.
"Hey, Rog?" He looks at me. "Can Lexie stay at yours for a night or two?" I ask and he just stares.
"She has to go to care." He replies.

"She can't go to care. She's not able to go to care." I say seriously.
"Riggs-"
"No, Rog, she's terrified. It's the best thing for her right now." I say. He sighs and nods. I smile.

I turn around and walk away.
"Hey, what am I gonna tell Trish?!" He shouts to me. I turn back around and shrug and he rolls his eyes.

Lexie's POV:

I sit there, replaying what's happened.
"Rog, said that you can stay at his house." Riggs says walking in, interrupting my daydream. Well, nightmare.

"Okay, thanks." I fake a smile. "Does he have kids?"
"2. But, one's at college and you probably won't see the other one." He chuckles.

(A/N: it was before Harper was born)

"Does he have a wife?"
"Yeah. Trish." He answers.
"Is she nice?" I ask. He smiles and nods.

"I have to get my things." I say looking at the table.
"I'll get them for you." He says.
"No." He looks confused. "I'll do it."

We drive back to the house. There's still people there and neighbours seeing what's happened.

Me and Riggs go in the house. The body's been moved but blood is still on the carpet. I go upstairs and I get my stuff. The bag that I dropped too.

I also get my mom and dad's ashes. I put them in my bag too. And pictures of us all.

I go back down and I go outside to Riggs. He's leaning on the car and he sees me. He takes the bags and puts them in the car.

"Is this the last time I'm gonna be here?" I ask him.
"Probably." He sighs and sympathetically smiles.
"It can go to hell." I chuckle and he laughs.

We go to Roger's house and it's massive. We both go in and I look around.
"Martin." I hear a woman say. I step back. "Who's this?"
"She's called Lexie. Is Roger here?" He asks pulling his hair back.

Roger comes out. A girl also comes out, around my age.
"Hey, Rianna. Show Lexie the spare room." Roger says. I follow her upstairs.

"Why are you here?" She asks, not rudely, just curiously. I briefly tell her the story, not too much.

I put my things away and I sit on the bed. Someone knocks on the door.
"You decent?" I hear Riggs say.
"Yeah." I chuckle. He comes in and smiles.

"I'm going now." He says awkwardly. I nod and look down. I stand up and hug him.
"Thanks, Riggs." I say. He hugs me back.

He leaves and I stay in the room. Well, my room.